Graduate Job Search Visa New Zealand
Graduate Job Search Visa
If you are a student who has completed a qualification or qualifications in New Zealand, but you do not have a job offer, you may be eligible for a Graduate Job Search Work Visa for a maximum of 12 months. Then, when you have found a job, you can apply for a further visa for up to two or three years under the Study to Work category.
To be eligible for a Graduate Work Search Visa you must:
- Have successfully completed a qualification in New Zealand that meets the study to work qualification requirements
- Apply no later than three months (six months if you have completed a doctoral qualification) after the end date of the student visa for that qualification
- Provide evidence of a minimum of NZ$4,200 available to maintain yourself during your 12-month stay in New Zealand (we will accept traveller’s cheques or bank documents in your name).
Graduate Work Experience Visa
If you are a student with an offer of employment relevant to your qualification, you may be eligible for a work visa and for a maximum period of:
- two years or
- three years, if you are working towards obtaining a membership or registration from a New Zealand professional association which requires more than two years of relevant practical work experience.
You will need to provide evidence:
- Evidence of the relevance of your job offer to your qualification and
- Evidence of qualification that you have successfully completed a qualification or qualifications in New Zealand that meets the Study to Work qualification requirements.
If you are applying for a three year work visa because you are working towards obtaining a membership or registration from a New Zealand professional association (such as the New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants or the New Zealand Registered Architects Board), you need to provide us with more evidence.
- You must show that you need membership or registration to fully perform your professional duties.
- You must show that the employment is considered relevant practical experience by the professional association. Evidence might include documentation from the professional association, or from the employer, which says how the employment meets the association’s requirements.
- You must show that your New Zealand qualification meets the requirements for registration or membership of the professional association.
Your application for a work visa must be made no later than three months (six months if you have completed a doctoral qualification) after the end date of your student visa for that course or qualification, unless you hold a Graduate Job Search Work Visa.