Ireland is a dynamic, lively and modern country, a perfect destination for study abroad. It is a perched on the northwest tip of Europe. Ireland has a rich cultural heritage having its own distinctive language (Gaelic) music, culture and sports. It is one of the most safe and peaceful countries in the world. Ireland is also known worldwide for its friendliness and welcoming attitude. Ireland provides high quality of education and has rich cultural heritage. The higher education institutions in Ireland are largely recognized all over the world for excellence in all disciplines. Ireland is also where some of the world’s biggest and best companies are located. Ireland has a well-founded reputation for delivering excellent quality of education to its students.
WEATHER: Ireland climate is mild with an annual temperature of around 10°C
Winter: The coldest months are January and February.
Summer: Temperatures range from 14°C to 20°C. The warmest months are July and August with average temperature reaching 16 °C. There are about 18 hours of daylight during July and August.
Ireland gets a lot of rain. It rarely drops below freezing and snow is uncommon.
CURRENCY: In Ireland, the official currency is the EURO (€). One euro consists of 100 cent Notes have value of €5, €10, €20, €50, €100, €200 and €500. and Coins have value 1c, 2c, 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c, €1 and €2.
IRELAND TIME ZONE: Ireland is in the Western European Time Zone and it is 5.30 hours behind Indian Standard Time. During this period the term Irish Standard Time (IST) is used.
DRIVING IN IRELAND: International students can drive in Ireland if they have a current and valid license from their home country and it is valid only for 12 months. If student stay in Ireland will be more than 12 months, student can apply for an Irish driving license but kindly go through the full driver licensing procedure from the website. The certified English translation is required if it is not in English. To ensure continuous full driving entitlement international students must obtain a provisional license and pass a driving test before the 12 month period elapses.
International student studies to Ireland have the option of applying international driving permit their home country.
COLLEGES & UNIVERSITUES IN IRELAND
Dundalk institute of technology (Dublin)
COURSES: Only Undergraduates Program
- Accountancy & taxation
- Art Craft & Design
- Banking & Financial Services
- Building and Construction
- Business Organization and Business Management
- Medical and Health Care
- Tourism & Hospitality
Griffith College (Dublin, Limerick & Cork)
COURSES: Undergraduate Program
- Pharmaceutical Science
Post Graduate Courses
- Journalism & Media Communication
- Pharmaceutical Science
- Network & Information Security
Major intakes: Jan, June & Sept., but Some colleges do also have rolling intakes Please Check individual College website for exact intakes.
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS/PTE score card
- Passport copy
- Experience Certificates ( if any)
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- 1 week upto 1 month for university admission
IRELAND EDUCATION SYSTEM
- Education system in Ireland is divided into three levels:
- Primary Education: It is for 1-8 years.
- Secondary Education: It starts at the age of 12 and consists of three year junior cycle followed by a 2 or 3 year senior cycle
- Tertiary Education: it consists of Universities, Colleges of technology, colleges of education and independent colleges.
- Higher Certificate:: 2 year full time course
- Ordinary bachelor degree: 3 year full time course
- Honors Bachelor’s Degrees: Normally 3-4 year course
- Graduate Diploma: 1 year course
- Master’s Degree: 1-2 year course
- Doctorate (Phd): Minimum 3 years of research
- Quality education leading to rapid growth of economy. It has 4.4% unemployment rate.
COLLEGE FEE & COST OF LIVING
- Engineering: Around 8000 Euro annually (International)
- MBA: Around 14000 Euro annually (International)
|Course||Minimum Band Requirement||Fee near about
|Dip Programme||5.5||5000-6500 Euros|
|Bachelor Programme||6.0||6000-8500 Euros|
|Masters Programme||6.5||11000 Euros|
This information is correct at time of publication, to find out more about the fees at chosen institution please use the course directory on the website of Colleges directly.
- As per requirements of Ireland High Commission, the cost of living is Euro 7000 per year.
Students may find that some places are cheaper to live in Ireland as compared to others. The general expenses a student has to pay are of accommodation, power, groceries, transport etc.
Accommodation: – A student may opt for hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
All foreign students in Ireland must have health insurance. Under immigration law, all non-EU students must have their own private medical insurance to get into Ireland.
International students who stay in Ireland for at least one year are eligible for public hospital treatment under the same conditions as an Irish citizen. Under this scheme, students pay €100 for a visit to the Emergency Department (ED). This scheme does not apply to students staying for less than a year in Ireland.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas.
For study in Ireland once you get an offer of a place following documents are required to file in student visa application at Irish High Commission
- Original Academics with Notarized documents
- Notarized IELTS/PTE
- Original Certificates of Work Experience ( If Any)
- Bank attested financial papers ( Last 6 month old)
- Original and Notarized family income documents
- Statement of purpose
- Affidavit of Support
- Passport with all pages notarized copy
- Medical Insurance
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Visa fee
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE TIPS
Your SOP must clarify your decision to study in Ireland. You must include the research undertaken about Irish college, the value of proposed course to you and your plan after completion of study.
The statement of purpose must be clear and specific. Include your research and reason why would you like to study this particular course and how it is relevant to your previous study or work experience.
Statement of purpose is very important as it helps the officer in having an understanding about you, your previous study, work history.
It is also a great platform to explain your future plans and how this decision of study abroad fits in your future plans. Include all the information in the application. Give explanation of any gaps in your academic & career history which may help in decision making for the officers.
The cost and resources involved in undertaking your study abroad are significant and the onus is on you to satisfy the case officer that you are a genuine and a bonafide student wishing to pursue your studies overseas.
Your SOP should contain the points and explanation so as satisfy the officer about your successful education outcome.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDY IN IRELAND
- Fee after visa ( Approval in principle)
- Competitive tuition fee & Cost of living as compared to other English speaking & developed countries e.g. UK, USA
- Clear transparent, time effective admission & visa process.
- On completion of higher studies, students may stay on in Ireland for six months to allow them time, should they so wish, to seek employment and apply for a work permit.
- One year Work Visa after successful completion of course
- Pathway to skilled migration
- Part time job (20hrs weekly) helps to understand working culture & environment of developed country.
- Ireland is Europe’s most entrepreneurial country
- The Irish Government invests over 782 million annually in research in Ireland’s higher education institutions.
- Irish universities are in the top 1% of research institutions in the world in terms of research impact in 19 fields.
WHY WEST HIGHLANDER?
- ICEF Accredited Agency
- Education Ireland trained counselor
- Increase your chance of admission & visa success by applying through qualified and education consultant
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in Ireland.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in Ireland.
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP colleges in Ireland
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission and visa process services
West Highlander is a leading study abroad immigration consultancy in Chandigarh with many years of experience of study in Ireland. The expertise & experience of West Highlander team makes your study in Ireland dream come true.
West Highlander is the best consultant in Chandigarh making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.