Singapore is also identified as East Meets West. It is arguably the cleanest city on the Earth. Singapore is also a charming multicultural city where Eastern and Western influences fuse in both language and culture. In Singapore, foreigners make up more than 40% of the population; including thousands of international students. Singapore offers a world-class, broad-based education relevant to the needs of the generation and equips educational institutions with the latest and the best in educational tools and technologies. There two languages are majorly used “ English & Chinese”. Singapore is the premier education hub in Asia, offering a diverse and distinctive combination of educational services. Singapore is its own capital, city and a nation state. Singapore is an excellent study destination for Asian students. The visa process is simple and hassle free as well. International students have the options of completing top-notch courses that is on par with what is being offered in the UK & the USA, at a much cheaper cost in Singapore.
Singapore climate is distinguished by uniform temperature and pressure, high humidity and plentiful rainfall. The average temperature is between 26°C to 30°C.
- February is the hottest month in Singapore with an average temperature of 27°C
- January is the coldest month with temperature of 26°C.
- December is the wettest month with an average of 269mm of rain.
- April is the best month with the temperature of 30°C.
In Singapore, the officially currency is the Singapore Dollar (SGD-S$). One dollar consists of 100 cent
Banknote is available in seven denominations – $2, $5, $10, $50, $100, $1000 and $10000. Each banknote is a different color and size with size increasing according to value and Coins have value 5c, 10c, 20c, 50c & S$1.
Singapore Time (SGT) is 8 hours ahead of GMT (UTC+08:00) and 2.30 hours ahead of India.
You must possess a valid foreign license and an International Driving Permit (IDP) issued by an authorized body in your own country, example the Automobile Association (AA). If an IDP is not available, an official translation of your foreign license in English is required.
To continue driving in Singapore after 12 months of staying here (from the date of your last entry into Singapore), you must obtain a valid Singapore driving license.
COLLEGES & UNIVERSITIES IN SINGAPORE
- Dimension International College
- FTMS Global Institute
- Curtin University
- AEC College
- Auston Institute of Management
- SDH Institute
- Coleman College
Intakes: Colleges have rolling intakes, Kindly check individual college website for exact intakes.
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS/PTE score card (If available not compulsory)
- Passport copy
- Experience Certificates ( if any)
- Birth Certificate (Mandatory)
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- 2 days upto 1 week & 1 month for university admission
SINGAPORE EDUCATION SYSTEM
PRE SCHOOL-Education system in Singapore usually start with pre-school- 2 to 7 years of children attend the preschool classes
PRIMARY SCHOOL-After the age of Seven onwards, Children attend a Primary School , consisting of a four-year foundation course and a two-year orientation stage.
SECONDARY EDUCATION-At the Age of 13, Student decided to take a academic road, then they attending Secondary Education. Secondary education in Singapore lasts about four to five years of education for students.
POST SECONDARY EDUCATION: Students receive an education which prepares them for university or their professional life- The age has started from 17. These schools are preparatory for higher education and offer two-year or three-year programs
EDUTRUST CERTIFICATION SCHEME
To enroll international students, a college must be having certification from Edu Trust.
Edu Trust is basically considered as a Voluntary certification scheme for private education institutions (PEIs) in Singapore. The EduTrust certification scheme is administered by the Council for Private Education (CPE),developing and raising the quality standards in the private education sector.
The EduTrust certification scheme is voluntary; however, private education institutions enrolling international students must be EduTrust-certified. This is to address one of the prerequisites for the issue of Student Passes as formed by the Checkpoints Authority.
STUDY VISA PROCESSING STEPS
- Apply to College with required Admission documents
- Receiving Letter of Offer
- Arrange all required Document for Visa filling
- File Lodge in ICA through College
- Getting Solar + Application No
- ICA generally takes a processing time of 4 to 8 weeks for making decision on Application.(Processing time may take longer if we require additional information or Document)
- IPA (In Approval Principal) received then deposit fee in College Account
- Receiving IPA Letter
COLLEGE FEE & COST OF LIVING
- The Tuition fee for One year are:
UNDER GRADUATE STUDIES
Universities: 9000 – 15,000 SNG$ per year
Colleges: 5500 – 7500 SNG$ per year
POST GRADUATE STUDIES
Universities: 15,000– 22, 000 SNG$ per year
Colleges: 8, 000 – 10,000 SNG$ per year
- As per requirements of Embassy the estimated Living Cost: S$15000 to S$20000 (per year).
Accommodation: A student may opt of hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas.
For study in Singapore once you get an offer of a place following documents are required to file in student visa application at Singapore College.
- Notarized Academics documents
- Notarized IELTS/PTE
- Work Experience ( If Any)
- Bank attested financial papers ( Last 1 day old)
- Original with Notarized family income documents
- Statement of purpose
- Affidavit of Support
- Birth Certificate with translated
- Parent’s letter of employment stating salary earned.
- Visa fee
Note: GPF, PF, Post Office Savings are not acceptable.
Statement of Purpose tips:
Your SOP must clarify your decision to study in Singapore. You must include the research undertaken about college, the value of proposed course to you and your plan after completion of study.
The statement of purpose must be clear and specific. Include your research and reason why would you like to study this particular course and how it is relevant to your previous study or work experience.
Statement of purpose is very important as it helps the officer in having an understanding about you, your previous study, work history.
It is also a great platform to explain your future plans and how this decision of study abroad fits in your future plans. Include all the information in the application. Give explanation of any gaps in your academic & career history which may help in decision making for the officers.
The cost and resources involved in undertaking your study abroad are significant and the onus is on you to satisfy the case officer that you are a genuine and a bonafide student wishing to your studies overseas.
Your SOP should contain the points and explanation so as satisfy the officer about your successful education outcome.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDY IN SINGAPORE
- Fee after visa ( Approval in principle)
- Competitive tuition fee & Cost of living as compared to other English speaking & developed countries e.g. UK, USA
- Clear transparent, time effective admission & visa process.
- Singapore has a stable economy
- World class education at an reasonable price – cost of education also being comparatively lower than that of other countries.
- Singapore has been ranked as the most preferred destination by Asian expatriates in terms of quality of living
- International students are normally not permitted to work part time during their studies unless the college offers them an internship
- Students studying in National Universities and Government owned Polytechnics are allowed to work part time up to a maximum of 16 hours per week
WHY WEST HIGHLANDER?
- Team of West Highlander played vital role in helping the chose the right direction for international students for their better career.
- Consulting our expert will enable you to acquire an in-depth knowledge of the immigration process
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in Singapore.
- West Highlander is a ICEF accredited agency and has ICEF trained counselor having in overseas study counseling
- We provide Free visa Eligibility Assessment
- Firm foundation of counseling staff of study in Singapore which helps students aspiring to study in Singapore understands education system & its benefits.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in Singapore.
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP colleges & Universities in Singapore
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission and visa process services
West Highlander is a leading study abroad immigration consultant in Chandigarh with many years of experience of study in Singapore. The expertise & experience of West highlander team makes your study in Singapore dream come true.
West Highlander is the best consultant in Chandigarh making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.