ABOUT Skilled Migration
If you have got the right qualification, experience and skills you may apply for skilled migration to Australia. Australia is a big country which has got skills shortages. There are number of options under which one may apply for skilled migration. If you have an occupation listed in the relevant list you may apply for points based permanent skilled visas to Australia.
Skilled independent Permanent Resident visa Australia subclass 189
This is a permanent skilled visa. You do not need any sponsorship from state or an eligible relative. You may work anywhere in Australia. Your occupation must be on a list of eligible skilled occupations and you must have your skills assed by relevant assessing authority. You need to score 60 points for various factors i.e. age, Qualification, experience, English level, spouse skills, community language. You must have English level equivalent to IELTS 6 in each module or any other equivalent acceptable English language score like PTE (A), TOEFL. You must be under 45 years of age.
Skilled state nominated Permanent Resident visa Australia subclass 190
This is a permanent state sponsored visa. There is no requirement to work in regional Australia. Your occupation must be on a list of eligible skilled occupations and on the state occupation list and you must have your skills assed by relevant assessing authority. You must have English level equivalent to IELTS 6 in each module or any other equivalent acceptable English language score like PTE(A) , TOEFL. You must be under 45 years of age. You get 5 points for state nomination under this permanent visa subclass.
Skilled Regional Provisional Resident visa Australia subclass 489
If you have a eligible relative who can sponsor you or if you have been nominated by state or territory you may apply for this provisional visa with a duration of up to 4 years under the invited pathway.. You need to work in regional Australia while on this visa. Your occupation must be on a list of eligible skilled occupations and on the state occupation list and you must have your skills assessed by relevant assessing authority. You must have English level equivalent to IELTS 6 in each module or any other equivalent acceptable English language score like PTE(A) , TOEFL. You must be under 45 years of age. You need to score 60 points. You get 10 points for sponsorship of an eligible relative or state nomination. You may apply for permanent visa subclass 887 after 4 years.
You can include your spouse and any dependent children in all the above 3 visa categories. Family members have got work rights and study rights as oer the Australian rules. Your family members have the same rights as you have as a permanent resident of Australia.
Current processing time for
- Visa subclass 189 is 8 to 9 months
- Visa subclass 190 is between 6 to 10 months
- Visa subclass 489 state sponsored is in between 7 to 9 months
Choosing the right skilled visa subclass
It is very important that you choose the right visa subclass so that your permanent resident visa application for Australia may be successful. You need to check if your occupation is in list of eligible skilled occupations. All occupations are not eligible to apply under skilled independent visa subclass 189. If your occupation is not under 189 visa category you may choose to apply under 190 visa subclass. To be eligible to apply under 190 visa subclass your occupation must be listed and open under the state occupation list. In state occupation list also all occupations may not be eligible for nomination under 190 permanent visa subclass. You need to check if this applies to you and find other options in provisional visa subclass 489 invited pathway stream.
Why West Highlander
At West Highlander we make sure that we asses your application as per the current occupation list and suggest visa subclasses pathway best suited to your profile. Ms Parwinder Kaur, one of the key personnel of West Highlander is a Registered MARA Agent with office of MARA Australia and have till date successfully served hundreds of clients. West Highlander is the best consultant in Chandigarh making your process of your permanent visa application to Australia smooth and an easy experience. We pride ourselves in achieving successful visa outcomes for our cases. Our success rate with PR Australia visa applications is one of the highest in the region.
- Registered MARA Agent
- Member of Migration Institute of Australia
- 100% success rate
- Free Assessment
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream
This is point-based visa which consents the skilled persons who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or not by the state or territory government to live and work in Australia on the permanent basis. When you apply for sub class 189 visa, you need to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) in the Skillselect online immigration system of Australia to secure a nomination from a state or territory government of Australia. This is point based system; hence you need to score 60 points. Once you are selected, you will get the ITA (Invitation to apply) for this visa. Remember one thing that you must apply for the visa within 60 days from the date of receiving invitation.
- You need to secure 60 points on the points test
- Candidate should be below 45 years old at the time of invitation
- Proficiency in English language
- Candidate must be invited by Immigration to apply
- Candidate must provide a satisfactory IELTS score
- Candidate has to have a skills assessment.
- You are free to live and work in Australia
- You can study in Australia for full-time at any stream of learning- School, graduate, Post graduate, etc.
- Get benefited with advanced health care facilities
- Enjoy certain social security benefits/payments
- After spending specific time in Australia, you are eligible to apply for citizenship
- You can sponsor your eligible family members for permanent or temporary residency in Australia
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
This visa is referred to permanent resident work visa which allows you to work and live in Australia. If a person holds one of the occupations mentioned on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List is eligible for a subclass 190 visa. An applicant needs to meet the skills test and must be nominated by a state or territory government as a permanent resident.
- One can work and live in Australia indefinitely
- Chance to study in Australia
- Person can enroll in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
- One can apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor your relatives for permanent residence
- You are free to travel in and out of Australia
Candidate needs to meet following requirements:
- He or she should be under 45 years old
- Must have Basic English Skills
- Need to meet health requirements
- Need to meets character requirements
- Should not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government
- Ready to sign the Australian Values statement
- Need to pass the point-test with 60 points
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
This is point based Australian visa specifically developed for skilled person and businessmen from outside the country and have received nominations from any of the state or territory of Australia or got sponsorship from their eligible relative living in any of the nations’ chosen regions. You may find three pathways to the visa – extended stay pathway, invited pathway and subsequent entry pathway
This visa is valid for 4 years which enables you to live and professionally engaged in a particular area. Candidates can mention the name of their family members in the petition for the visa.
- You must have suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Candidate should not be more than 45 years old
- Proficiency in the English language
- Candidate needs to meet the point test pass mark of 60points
- Applicant must be nominated by state or territory government or sponsored by an eligible relative (Invited Pathway).
- Stay in Australia for a maximum of 4 years
- Free to live, work and study in a particular region of the country
- Travel in and out of Australia until the visa expires
- Pathway to Permanent Residence in Australia