General Skilled Migration Australia

General Skilled Migration – Australia

A direct way to get permanent residence (PR) of Australia

ABOUT Skilled Migration

Skilled Migration Visa allows skilled people to migrate to Australia. The visa is referred to permanent residency visa for Australia under which you can live in the country along with your family. A person up to 45 years of age is eligible to apply for such visa. Candidate needs to familiar with English language as it is vital to have some Basic English skills which are considered by using the IELTS score. You get the points considering several factors– age, work experience. Occupation for which you are applying should be listed on SOL (short term skilled Occupation List). The selection mode is based on points; hence a candidate needs to score 60 points. If you wish to move AU under Skilled Migration program, we at West Highlander can assist you in right manner.

Our Immigration advisers are registered with the relevant regulatory bodies such as “Migration Agents Registration Authority, License No. 1280308, Migration Institute of Australia MIA No. 5824, Certified Migration Agent Australia.”


Applicants get points according to experience in the field of their nominated occupation, outside Australia. You need to score a minimum of 15 points for experience of 8 years in past 10 years. 10 points for at least 5 years experience, but less than 8 years. The least point score is 5 for experience of at least 3 years but less than 5 years.
If you have 8 years of work experience, you will get 20 points, for 15 points you must have 5 years experience and for 5 point an applicant has 1 year of work experience.

  • Age
  • English language ability
  • Skilled employment
  • Qualification
  • Australia study requirement

Enquire Now

  • Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points-tested) stream

    This is point-based visa which consents the skilled persons who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or not by the state or territory government to live and work in Australia on the permanent basis. When you apply for sub class 189 visa, you need to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest) in the Skillselect online immigration system of Australia to secure a nomination from a state or territory government of Australia. This is point based system; hence you need to score 60 points. Once you are selected, you will get the ITA (Invitation to apply) for this visa. Remember one thing that you must apply for the visa within 60 days from the date of receiving invitation.

  • Eligibility

    • You need to secure 60 points on the points test
    • Candidate should be below 45 years old at the time of invitation
    • Proficiency in English language
    • Candidate must be invited by Immigration to apply
    • Candidate must provide a satisfactory IELTS score
    • Candidate has to have a skills assessment.
  • Benefits

    • You are free to live and work in Australia
    • You can study in Australia for full-time at any stream of learning- School, graduate, Post graduate, etc.
    • Get benefited with advanced health care facilities
    • Enjoy certain social security benefits/payments
    • After spending specific time in Australia, you are eligible to apply for citizenship
    • You can sponsor your eligible family members for permanent or temporary residency in Australia

  • Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

    This visa is referred to permanent resident work visa which allows you to work and live in Australia. If a person holds one of the occupations mentioned on Australia’s Skilled Occupations List is eligible for a subclass 190 visa. An applicant needs to meet the skills test and must be nominated by a state or territory government as a permanent resident.

  • Benefits

    • One can work and live in Australia indefinitely
    • Chance to study in Australia
    • Person can enroll in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
    • One can apply for Australian citizenship
    • Sponsor your relatives for permanent residence
    • You are free to travel in and out of Australia
  • Eligibility

    Candidate needs to meet following requirements:

    • He or she should be under 45 years old
    • Must have Basic English Skills
    • Need to meet health requirements
    • Need to meets character requirements
    • Should not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government
    • Ready to sign the Australian Values statement
    • Need to pass the point-test with 60 points

  • Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)

    This is point based Australian visa specifically developed for skilled person and businessmen from outside the country and have received nominations from any of the state or territory of Australia or got sponsorship from their eligible relative living in any of the nations’ chosen regions. You may find three pathways to the visa – extended stay pathway, invited pathway and subsequent entry pathway
    This visa is valid for 4 years which enables you to live and professionally engaged in a particular area. Candidates can mention the name of their family members in the petition for the visa.

  • Eligibility

    • You must have suitable skills assessment for that occupation
    • Candidate should not be more than 45 years old
    • Proficiency in the English language
    • Candidate needs to meet the point test pass mark of 60points
    • Applicant must be nominated by state or territory government or sponsored by an eligible relative (Invited Pathway).
  • Benefits

    • Stay in Australia for a maximum of 4 years
    • Free to live, work and study in a particular region of the country
    • Travel in and out of Australia until the visa expires
    • Pathway to Permanent Residence in Australia

How to Apply

  • 1


    Positive assessment, signing of Services agreement & KYC norms

  • 2


    Complete thoroughly explained document checklist & samples uploaded into your account

  • 3

    Get started now

    Through review by expert application lodged for further processing

Our Accreditation

default image

I was looking for some Business Migration and relocation services. Then one of my family friends suggested me to take advice from West Highlander. My case was complicated but Lawyer Mrs. Parwinder Kaur's advice and her team in West Highlander made it easier and smoother. I am very thankful to all of them for the

Pardeep Australian - Business Migration 188