Nursing is one of the most popular field of studies and among the highly respected and most in demand profession globally. By opting to study nursing a student has the option of practicing the profession not only in India but has several countries to look ahead and practice nursing with good salary packages. Often students who have completed their B.Sc Nursing in India are confused on the best programs and courses to choose and how to go abroad after B.Sc Nursing. In this article we would be discussing the best programs and options for students to go abroad after B.Sc Nursing.
Scope of M.Sc Nursing in Canada
Canada is one of the top choice among International students be it for nursing or any other course. After B. Sc nursing students can opt for several courses such as Master of Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing or opt for Post graduate diplomas and certification course. One can work in Canada after completing the course in numerous provinces each with huge demand for healthcare practitioners. Further, there are diversified roles one can opt for such in or as Home Care, Nurse Manager, Staff Nurse, Junior Psychiatric Nurse, Medical Coding ,Nurse & Patient Educator, Nursing Tutor, Nurse – Nursery School, Nursing Educator, Nursing Assistant, Ward Nurse & Infection Control Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs),Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs), Geriatric and Retirement Nurse.
Duration of M.Sc Nursing in Canada
There are numerous universities in Canada offering these courses to students after B.Sc nursing. While Master’s program in Canada last for 18 months to 2 years the diploma programs are strictly for 2 years. Further, international students are allowed to work part time during their studies for 20 hours per week and also opt for post study work permit on completion of their studies. B.Sc nursing students opting for 2 years study course are eligible for up to 3 years of post study work permit.
Best Programs for M.Sc Nursing in Canada
- Master of science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Advanced Nursing Science
- Masters of Medical Science in Nursing Studies
- Master of Science in Clinical Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing- primary healthcare nurse practitioner
- Master of science in Nursing-Health system leadership and administration
Total Cost of M.Sc Nursing in Canada
The average cost to go abroad after B.Sc Nursing and pursuing Masters in Canada is around 35,000-40,000 CAD for the entire course. Students can opt for several bursaries and scholarships and consider working part time.
Best Universities for M.Sc Nursing in Canada
- McMaster University
- Dalhousie University
- University of Calgary
- Western University
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Fanshawe College
- Vancouver Island University
- Queen’s University
- Algonquin College
- Lakehead University
- Conestoga College
- Brock University
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Lethbridge
- Cape Breton University
- Trent University
- Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology
- Nipissing University
- Confederation College
- Nipissing University
- Mount Royal University
- MacEwan University
- Northern Lights College
- Trinity Western University
Requirements for M.Sc Nursing in Canada
- Students should have completed their B.Sc nursing from a recognized institute in India with a good academic score.
- IELTS requirement of 6.5 or equivalent PTE/TOEFL score.
- Financial Sufficiency.
- Any work experience documents.
Licenses required to be a nurse practitioner in Canada
After completing the course in Canada and to practice as a legal nurse one must meet the licensing test requirement as following:
- After diploma programs students must give Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Examination (CPNRE) and then can work as RPN.
- For those applicants who would be completing their bachelor’s degree in nursing in Canada are required to give National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN).
- After completing a Master’s degree in nursing in Canada you need to give Nurse Practitioner Examination.