New Zealand is one of the preferred study abroad destinations among international students. It offers various benefits to international students like part time work opportunities during course of study, post study work visa after completion of the study program the duration of which could be up to 3 years up depending on the choice of the course international students may wish to study in New Zealand, opportunity for spouse and kids to apply for New Zealand dependent visa. This blog complied by an experienced Licensed Immigration adviser –LIA for New Zealand in Chandigarh lists some of the possible question the applicants may be asked during the New Zealand student visa interview process. This blog could be helpful if you are a student from India planning to apply for student visa to New Zealand.
Applicants wishing to apply for study in New Zealand need to pass through various steps during the process. These steps are
Choosing a relevant course for further study in New Zealand
Selecting a college or a university for your further study in New Zealand
Applying for offer letter to a university or college in New Zealand
Preparing the New Zealand student visa file
Submitting student visa application
New Zealand study visa interview questions
After the applicants have submitted their visa application they may get an interview call from INZ- Immigration New Zealand regarding their study visa application for NZ. During the course of the New Zealand study visa application process the applicants may be required to give interview. The applicants may be telephonically interviewed during this process. The purpose of the New Zealand student visa interview is to gauge the intention of the student who has applied for his study in New Zealand. There may be many questions put to gauge your genuine intention to go to New Zealand to do your desired course .The questions could be related to your present academics, any work experience you may have, your English language ability, the choice of the course you wish to do in New Zealand university or a college, the course contents, the career outcomes you expect to have after completion of the program, funds available for your study in New Zealand to name a few.
Questions related to your current academic history
- What is your current qualification?
- When did you pass this qualification?
- What have you been doing after completing this qualification?
- What is the percentage you had in this qualification?
- Which university or board have you done this qualification from?
- What’s your English language test score?
- When did you appear for this?
Study in New Zealand interview questions related to your proposed study program in New Zealand
- Which course you are going to study in New Zealand?
- What is the duration of the course?
- What are the course contents of the study program?
- How this course of study in New Zealand is related your academic background?
- How would this course add on to your current skills?
New Zealand student visa interview questions related to your expected career outcomes
- What are the career outcomes you expect after completion of study program?
- What kind of jobs you may get after this course?
- Can you name some companies where you may get jobs?
Questions related to your choice of college or University and New Zealand as your study abroad destination
- Why did you choose to study in New Zealand?
- Why did you choose this college or university?
- What benefits did you see in this university?
- There are other colleges offering same course. Why did not you choose to study there?
New Zealand study visa interview questions -funds related questions
- How are you paying for your studies?
- Who is funding your studies?
- What do your parents do?
- What is their annual income?
Purpose of your New Zealand study visa interview
The purpose of the New Zealand study visa interview could be judge the credibility of your travel to New Zealand. Your primary purpose to travel is to Study in New Zealand and the case officer interviewing you is to make a decision whether you are a credible student? So he asks you a range of questions as above based on which your New Zealand study visa application is decided. These questions assist the case officer in deciding
- Whether you are a genuine student
- Whether you have enough funds to pay for your study in New Zealand?
- Whether the said funds would in genuine be available for your study and related expense in New Zealand
- Whether you have intention to return to your country after completion of the study program in New Zealand