Scope of legal /paralegal Diploma/ degree Courses in Canada
- The demand for legal/ paralegals graduates all across Canada and in various provinces is huge.
- On an average the salary of paralegal in Canada is ranges from $30000 to $35000. It may be higher Salaries are based on many factors, such as years of experience, area of law, size of employer, hours worked and location (large city or regional) to name a few
- In some province students need to be licensed to work as paralegal and in others licensing may not be required. Students must check the requirements of the province they may wish to work after completion of paralegal Study in Canada
Requirements for Diploma Courses in Canada
Following are the requirements for paralegal /legal diploma courses in Canada:
- An applicant applying for diploma courses in Canada after 12th must have good marks. Transcripts and mark sheets are required.
- IELTS or language proficiency of minimum 6 or equivalent PTE/TOEFL scores would be required for your Canada study visa and admission application
For Diploma level courses students need to have IELTS band score of 6 with no less than 5.5 in all of the four modules of IELTS. For degree program a higher proficiency of English language may be required. Students need to have IELTS band score of overall 6.5 with no band score less than 6 in each of the four modules of IELTS
- Student must be able to cover tuition and living cost in Canada and therefore would be required to have proof for the same.
- GIC of 10,000 CAD would be required to cover living cost in Canada for Canada student visa. Having a GIC is a very strong proof that you have funds available for your cost of living while on Canada student visa
Study Law in Canada -Paralegal / legal Diploma Courses in Canada
Students may choose to do a Diploma or Degree in legal or paralegal studies. It’s all about the choice of the students. Following are some of the Diploma options the students may choose for their study in Canada.
- Paralegal diploma
- Legal assistant diploma
- Paralegal technology diploma
- Law clerk diploma
- Advanced diploma in law clerk
Study law in Canada – degree in paralegal/ legal studies
Following are some of the options at degree options the students may choose for their study in Canada
- Bachelors of paralegal studies
- Bachelor of legal studies
- Bachelors of Arts in criminal justice
- Bachelor of community and criminal justice
- Bachelor of applied arts in social justice and legal studies
- Bachelors of Public safety
- Bachelor of Crime and Intelligence Analysis
Career Opportunities after completion of study in Canada
There are numerous opportunities available to students after they complete their studies on Canada student visa. Few of the areas the students may work in are
Paralegals /Legal graduates can work in
- Law firms
- Compliance departments in public or private corporations
- Legal aid clinics
- Marketing agencies
- Recruitment agencies
- Consulting firms,
- Educational institutions,
- Research firms,
- Companies that support the legal profession.
Tuition Fees for -legal/paralegal Diploma/degree Courses in Canada
The tuition fees vary depending upon different colleges and universities. A diploma in paralegal studies may cost you about $ 15000 annually. A bachelor’s program in paralegal studies may cost you about $ 20000 per annum. The fee may be less or more depending on your choice of college or university.
Study law in Canada – Legal/Para Legal, diploma/degree college options
Following are few of the colleges the students may apply for Legal/Para Legal, diploma/degree for Study in Canada
West Highlander- Your trusted Study in Canada consultant
If you would like to apply for your Canada study visa West Highlander is the best Canada student visa consultant for you. We are a team of experienced and expert professionals who guide you throughout your Canada student visa process. We help you choose your course taking into consideration your career aspirations, your academic background as well as your study in Canada budget.