Canada is one of the flexible countries with a unique immigration system where all Canadian provinces have the right to set up their provincial immigration programs. Fortunately, these immigration programs allow international graduates to have more options to settle down in Canada.
On talking about province immigration, Atlantic has the most immigrant-friendly policies that can attract numerous International students to settle down here. Atlantic has its reasons to invite Immigrates throughout the world to stay here; the Demographic Factor is one of them. However, moving forward, if you are looking for easy Canada PR options after study – Atlantic international graduate Programs is your way to go. Below is the detail for eligibility criteria for international graduates under the Atlantic Immigration program:
There are 5 basic requirements that international students need to check for PR after study in Canada
- Lived in Atlantic Province for at least 16 months
- Atlantic Province qualification
- Have an acceptable level of English or French
- Proof of funds to support you
- Have a job offer
Lived in Atlantic Province for at least 16 months
Before applying for PR after study in Canada in the Atlantic, the student must have lived or studied in any of the following Atlantic Provinces:
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and labrador
- New Brunswick
International students have to make sure that they have lived in the Atlantic for a minimum of 16 months before completing their study program.
Atlantic Province qualification
The educational requirement for Atlantic PR eligibility is quite simple. The students with at least a 2-years degree/diploma/certificate/trade or apprenticeship credentials obtained from a publically-funded institute in Atlantic province are qualified to apply for the International graduate Atlantic immigration program. Below is the list of a few authorized public educational institutes in the Atlantic:
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Collège de l’Île
- Université Sainte-Anne
- University of Kings College
- Holland College
- Saint Mary’s University
- Dalhousie University
- Nova Scotia College of Art and Design
- Saint Francis Xavier University
- Cape Breton University
- Atlantic School of Theology
- College of the North Atlantic
- Acadia University
- New Brunswick College of Craft and Design
- Maritime College of Forest Technology
- Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Mount Allison University
Note: Only full-time students for the complete duration of the studies are allowed to apply. Students studying under the scholarship or fellowship programs need to ensure that these programs are not bound for the student to return its home country. For complete detail on Canada study visa and PR option students are recommended reach best Canada study visa consultant.
Have an acceptable level of English or French
To qualify for Canada PR after study under the Atlantic International Graduate Program, you need to prove your English or French language ability. The language proficiency test is must to qualify for applying to PR, as it ensures your ability to live and work in the Atlantic Provinces. Below is the detail for language test requirement:
IELTS General Test – with band score no less than 3.5 in reading, 4 in writing, 4.5 in listening, and 4 in speaking
CELPIP-General: Canadian English language proficiency Index Program – No less than 4 score in all the modules
TEF Canada: With no points less than 121 in reading, 181 in writing, 145 in listening, and 181 in speaking.
TCF Canada: with no points less than 342 in reading, 4 in writing, 331 in listening, and 4 in speaking.
Proof of funds to support you
To gain PR in Atlantic province you need to show the required funds to ensure you can support you and your family’s needs while settling down in Canada. The fund you need to show is directly impacted by the size of your family members you support who are living inside Canada or outside the country. Below is the list of funds required depending on the family members:-
For one family member, you need to show 3,303 CAD, For 2 family members, you need to show 4,112 CAD.
Note: for each additional family member you need 890 CAD per member.
Have a job offer
To apply for PR after study in Canada you need to have a meet the asked requirements by the Atlantic province:
- You should have a full-time job (at least 30 paid working hours per week) made using the offer of employment to a foreign national form.
- Your job skill must meet the national occupational classification level which is type O, A, B, and C.
- Your job must be non-seasonal which means you must have a consistent salary throughout the year.
Benefits of getting PR under Atlantic province
- Unlike most Canadian provinces you do not require work experience to apply under Atlantic International Graduate Program for study in Canada.
- As mentioned above the general English language requirement for PR in Atlantic Province is quite easy.
- The Atlantic province accepts job offers for any type or level from O, A, B, and C. This means immigrants with any range of job offers can apply under the Atlantic International graduate program for PR in Canada after study.