The United States of America has always been a great study abroad destination in. It is one of the first choices of Students who want to study abroad. Every Year thousands of overseas students come to the USA to get enrolled in their choice of graduate or Post graduate programs like Engineering, Medicine, Management, Law, etc. The USA is considered as a global leader in the field of education, qualified and quality of faculty, research.
An undergraduate student may study Bachelors degree or a associate degree. Associate degrees are generally offered in community colleges and are of duration of 2 years. The Bachelor’s degree is generally of 4 years and is offered in colleges and universities.
In the US Master’s degree and PhD are graduate studies. Some of the graduate degree programs are – Business administration, Engineering, Education, Journalism and mass communication, Environmental sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, and Public Health.
There are number of Universities providing scholarships to international students. There are some national scholarships as well college specific scholarships. If you are seeking a college specific scholarship apply for the scholarship along with your admission application.
SEVP Approved School
International students must be enrolled in a SEVP approved school. Overseas students need to register for SEVIS after getting offer of a place. There is a fee applicable here. The college or University you have a offer of a place will issue you a form I- 20
If you would like to include your dependents in your application you need to have separate I 20 for them. Your dependents need to enrol in SEVIS but they do not need to pay SEVIS fees.
Why West Highlander
We offer complete guidance and proper assessment to students who are planning to study in USA. We are accredited immigration consultancy, having certification of USATC (US Agent Training Course), Certificate No. USCG00008. We have more than 13 years of study abroad industry Experience and have exposure to all the steps required for admission and student visa process USA.
- Hassel Free Transition
- One Stop Solution
- Licensed & Regulated
- Accurate Assessment
- Bay State College (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Mercyhurst University (Pennsylvania)
- Ohio Valley University (Vienna, West Virginia)
- Rochester College (New York)
- Young Harris College (Georgia)
- Culver stockton College (Canton, Missouri)
- Saint Michale’s College (Colchester, Vermont)
- South Western College (Chula Vista, California)
- University of St. Thomas (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
- Claremont University (Claremont, California )
- Brandeis University (Waltham, Massachusetts)
- Fall – August / September
- Spring – January / February
- Summer – May / Jun
- Once Student has been accepted and the college is satisfied, the college will send an I-20 form.
(This form documents that student have been offered admission to the college and that the college is satisfied that student can afford to study there.)
- Once the Offer of a place made the student has to pay the I20 fee.
- Student can apply for a visa only after receives the requisite I-20 from the institution student have been accepted to.
- To Pay the SEVIS Fee (F1 Visa requires a fee of USD 220)
Note: The I-20 is one of the main documents that international student need to apply for a student visa.
For the Admission in USA Following is the list of documents required.
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS/TOFEL score card
- Passport copy
- Work Experience (If any)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial documentation
- Two Academic references and employers (Where applicable)
- Personal Statements
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- 15 days up to 2-3 months for university admission
- Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in the USA may vary.
West Highlander provides all the admission & services to its students free of cost. We liaise with the College & Universities on the receipt of applications and follow up on your admission decisions. Our information resource is apt to assist you making the correct choice.
Each program may have specific entry requirements. Our trained counselor asses your application as per your interest & Academic pathway and helps you to find and enroll in a suitable course.
Following documents are required for study visa
- Original Passport
- Photographs- 4
- Academic documents original
- Work Experience ( if any)
- Original Bank Letter of Financial Support (In English): Duly certified copy of confirmation letter from a Banking Institution valid for six months, in their country of residence, of their financial ability to cover tuition fees, living and repatriation expenses
- Embassy fee payment receipt
- SEVIS Fee receipt
- Original family Income documents
Finally, make an appointment for a U.S.A. student visa interview through the VFS website.
All visa applicants must have an interview with an officer at their country’s U.S. embassy or consulate.
Note: When interviewing in USA embassy, make sure not to arrive earlier than 15 minutes before the appointed time, and bring the all above documents.
West Highlander assists in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that students may have with the chosen universities as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application
In the USA, tuition fee largely depends on whether international student plans to study at a Public or Private Institution (refer to the difference between public and private Institutions there).
- The tuition fee for one year study $15000 to $30000 per year. At some Universities, it could go beyond $ 40000 per year.
- As per requirements of Embassy the estimated Living Cost: $10000 to $12000 (per year). An average of $700 to $1000 per month may be considered.
Students may find that some places are cheaper to live in USA as compared to others. The general expenses a student has to pay are of accommodation, power, groceries, transport etc.
Accommodation: – A student may opt for hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas
Education system in USA is divided into following levels:
- Primary & Secondary School: Prior to higher education, American students attend primary and secondary school for a combined total of 12 years. These years are referred to as the first through twelfth grades.
- Undergraduate Level: Students aspiring to attend college or university after completion of high school must attend undergraduate school. These schools offer either a two-year Associate degree or a four-year Bachelor degree in a specific course of study.
- Graduate Level: After obtaining a Bachelors degree student can continue to pursue one out of two types of degrees. One is a Masters degree which is generally a two-year degree that is highly specialized in a particular field. Another education in a specific field can pursue a Doctorate degree, called a PhD
- USA qualification is recognized worldwide.
- USA has the vast wealth of resources, there are very supporting industries, great training and research resources.
- International students on successful completion of their study in USA get employment in highly sought after employers worldwide.
- US universities attract world renowned faculty and are at the forefront of research and technological development.
- POST STUDY WORK RIGHTS: Student visa [F-1] holders are eligible for a total of 12 months Optional Practical Training [OPT] per educational level completed.
- WORK RIGHTS DURING STUDIES: International students studying in the USA on F-1 status visa are eligible to work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session, and can work full time during vacations / scheduled breaks.
- Americans are known to be very hospitable, friendly, kind, generous and accepting of foreigners
- The main benefit of studying in the USA is the flexibility of the undergraduate curriculum offered by US universities.
- Over 4,000 degree-granting institutions of higher learning in the USA.
- Team of West Highlander plays a vital role in helping the students chose the right direction for a better career.
- Our experience helped international students in selecting the right course and the right University list.
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in USA.
- Parwinder Kaur, one of the key personnel of West Highlander is a U S Course Graduate (USCG00008).
- West Highlander is a ICEF accredited agency and has ICEF trained counselor having in overseas study counseling
- Firm foundation of counseling staff of study in USA which helps students aspiring to study in USA understands American education system & its benefits.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in USA.
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP colleges & Universities in USA
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission and visa process services
West Highlander is a leading study abroad immigration consultancy in Chandigarh with many years of experience of study in USA. The expertise & experience of West highlander team makes your study in USA dream come true.
West Highlander is the best consultant in Chandigarh making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.