With the rapid increase in majority of businesses relying on information and communication technology there has been further increase in job opportunities. A majority of international students opt for bachelors in computer science in Canada. As per Canada ICT sector profiling conducted by government for 2019-20 the growth of 3.4% percent was observed with employments of total 6,66,544 workers. Going forward we would be discussing the bright prospects of opting for bachelors in computer science course in Canada, requirement, cost and best universities and colleges.
Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada
A bachelor degree in computer science in Canada is offered as B.Sc, BA and BASc. The course duration is usually three to four years depending on the degree. Additionally, there are several bachelors in computer science programs which are offered as co-op or part of major/minor subjects or in specialist programs. Students can opt to work part time during studies for 20 hours per week and also opt for post study work permit opportunity to gain work experience.
Scope of Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada
- The scope of undergraduate degree such as computer science has paved way for several jobs in Canada such as software development, web technologies, analytics and numerous more.
- The employments prospects with Computer science degree in Canada are high and the average annually salary is 60,000 CAD.
- After completing a bachelor in Computer science one can opt for several job roles in various provinces with job market requirement and consider settlement opportunities with Canada PR.
- Some of the highest paying computer science profiles are software developer, engineer, web developer, programmer analyst, front end developer and many more where average annual pay is around 42,000 USD.
Requirements for Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada
Following are the requirements for Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada:
- Students are required to have a good score card and transcripts of their academic qualification. Minimum 70% or higher in 10+2 is appreciated for admission to top universities in Canada
- Another requirement is IELTS/PTE/TOEFL score for studying in Canada for bachelor in computer science. Minimum IELTS 6 or TOEFL 60-78 or PTE 50-57 is required.
- Students should have financial documents in place to cover the tuition cost in Canada. Along with this GIC of 10,000 CAD is required to cover living expenses in Canada.
Fees for Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada
The average tuition cost for Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada is between 25,000 CAD -30,000 CAD. Student can avail various Canadian scholarships to ease the financial constraint. Majority of universities and colleges in Canada offer bursaries and admission scholarships on applying early. One must consult the best Canada study counselors in Chandigarh, West Highlander.
Best Universities for Bachelor in Computer Science Course in Canada
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- University of Waterloo
- McGill University
- Simon Fraser University
- Université de Montréal
- University of Alberta
- Queen’s University at Kingston
- McMaster University
- University of Calgary
- University of Victoria
- The University of Western Ontario
- Concordia University
- Université du Québec
- University of Ottawa
- York University
- Carleton University
- Dalhousie University
Still in doubt about which course to take or which is the best college in Canada for you? You can contact our expert Canada study advisors based in Chandigarh for complete study in Canada counseling. We are pioneers in immigration service since 2005 and have successfully helped thousands of students achieve their dream of studying in Canada. Our high application success rate along with efficient and effective strategies can ensure you have positive results in the shortest time duration. Call today to book free profile assessment session with licensed immigration agents.