Australia has become one of the most popular destinations for international students who want to study in Australia. The primary reason for Australia being popular is that it is comparatively easier to obtain Australia study visa than the other countries. One of the best programs offered by the top universities is Master of Professional Accounting in Australia. Some students usually mix up this program with, Master of Accounting in Australia. The basic difference between these two is that Master of Accounting in Australia offers theoretical study and Masters of Professional Accounting (MPA) offers more practical approach.
This blog covers:
- Why Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia
- Eligibility criteria for Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia.
- Available intakes for MPA
- Tuition fee required for Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia
- Top universities to study Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia
- Can we pursue CPA after MPA?
Why Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia:
There are many reasons why Indian students who wish to study in Australia choose to pursue Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia. One of the primary reasons is that this program offers practical knowledge instead of just theoretical. This helps the students to be capable to deal with real time problems.
Secondly, MPA offers a lot of job opportunities and it is financially beneficial as a career option. They can earn approx. AUD 60,000 to AUD 2, 00,000 per year. Another reason why it is beneficial to choose Masters of Professional Accounting in Australia is that the students are able to acquire 2-3 years of work permit after they have successfully completed their degree. Moreover, this program also increases the chances to get PR if the students with to settle there permanently.
Eligibility criteria Master of Professional Accounting in Australia:
There are certain parameters that the students need to complete for students who want to study in Australia and want to acquire Australia student visa.
- The students who have completed their graduate degrees in B.Com and BBA are eligible to study Master of Professional Accounting in Australia. They also need to have a minimum of 60% marks, some universities might want it to be as high as 70%.
- There is also an option for the arts stream students who want to enter the program, if they had mathematics and economics as part of their graduate program they can pursue Master of Professional Accounting in Australia.
- For the English Proficiency Test the study abroad aspirants need to obtain 6.5 overall bands, with minimum 6 bands in each module, some of the universities may also demand 7 bands as one of their requirements.
- The students can also use TOEFL with the minimum score of 82 going as high as 100.
- Some universities might even want the students to have work experience in their chosen field.
Intakes for Master of Professional Accounting in Australia:
There are two major intakes in Australia for students looking to study in Australia. These are in the months of February and July. There are other depending on various universities although these are minor intakes so the students need to apply beforehand.
Tuition fee for Master of Professional Accounting in Australia:
Study in Australia can cost from AUD 23,000 to AUD 55,000. It is flexible and students can find affordable prices with further research. Here are some universities listed below along with their annual tuition fee.
- University of Sydney: This is one the highly recognized universities, and the annual fee for MPA is $49,000 as of now and the course duration is 2 years.
- Australian National University: The course duration here is 1.5 years and it can cost around $47,800 per year.
- University of Adelaide: The annual cost of this program in this university is approximately $44,000.
Some more affordable universities for Master of Professional Accounting in Australia:
- Victoria University: The University offers a full time course of 2 years and more if it is part time. The tentative tuition fee is $15,500 per semester.
- Charles Darwin University: The tuition cost for one year can be around $25,500 and the course duration is 18 months.
- James Cook University: The annual tuition fee for international students is approx. $28,160.00 in this university.
- Federation University: There is a 2 year course available for MPA and it costs up to $28,400 per year.
- University of Southern Queensland: The tuition fee for the two year course around $23,000.
Can we study CPA after Master of Professional Accounting in Australia?
One of the common questions posed by students who want to study in Australia is whether they can pursue CPA after Master of Professional Accounting. Yes, they can definitely study CPA after MPA as both these programs are in alignment. The students get extra benefit because most of their syllabus for CPA is already covered in MPA, oftentimes the whole syllabus. Students just need to prepare for and give the exams later on.
West Highlander- Your trusted and best Australia student visa consultant in Chandigarh
Students who wish to apply for Australia student visa from India, may contact West Highlander which is located in Sector 34-A Chandigarh. They have successfully helped a lot of students to acquire their Australia study visa. They have an experience of 16 years, there is a highly efficient and productive team at West Highlander who are proficient in guiding the Australia study visa aspirants. One of the most important members of the team is a registered MARA agent. After the consultation of your file application, you can send your complete application to your chosen university. Once you receive the offer letter, the team will guide you with the further proceedings. There is also a step of the student visa documentation, and the team helps you to compile the required documents. The applicants can also contact registered MARA Agent at West Highlander Immigration Chandigarh India for more information.