The University of Canterbury
Duration: 12-18 months
Intake: Feb and July
This degree is a modified taught master’s study that gives students the skills, and capabilities to be effective accountant in any organization. Students will have an understanding of the theoretical needs facing the Accounting profession while exploring the confidence to challenge existing practices, and discover creative ways to solve problems in the field.
The degree is coordinated with professional accounting entities in the industry (such as the Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand, (CAANZ), Certified Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA Australia), and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), helping students to gain provisional membership.
The degree is also part of the Executive Development courses, giving chance to take new career pathway choices. Candidates of any graduate stream can apply.
As MCom student you will be able to:
- Develop the knowledge and understanding of contemporary thought and enhancements within specific research area.
- Think practically, empirically and critically with respect to the academic literature and professional journals within the course of accounting and business.
- Plan and carry out independent research that determines awareness of problems and challenges in the fields of accounting and business.
- Synthesize academic and professional data and communicates findings to a range of people in different ways.
It can bring a lot of career benefits such as skills and boosted knowledge, entry into specific job, good starting salary, research capability/achievement and proof of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
Candidate must have done graduation.
English language proficiency score:
- IELTS score of 6.5 with no less than 6.0
Speaking, Reading, Writing and listening score required is 6.0
- TOEFL Score of 90 is required
- PTE required score is 64
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.