Supply Chain Management is one of the core areas essential to supporting the functioning of a large economy. Be it goods or services, a constant management ensures no hindrance is created to ensure maximized productivity. Canada is dominated by service industry which employs about 75% of Canadians and is the third highest produces of natural resources. Among the petroleum reserves the country has third largest standing and fourth as exporter of petroleum. With majority of industries involved in sale and procurement the need for industry specific managers is high. Among the most preferred courses in Canada for post graduate degree is MBA in Supply Chain Management. Going forward we would be discussing complete information on Scope, Requirements, Fees and best universities for MBA in supply chain management.
MBA in Supply Chain Management in Canada: Scope
- MBA is among the most preferred study in Canada course for international students.
- In terms of job opportunities it is estimated that the vacancies for post graduates in MBA supply chain are going to increase in the next half a decade to 66,000.
- In terms of managerial jobs in Supply chain management the increase would be 14.9%.
- Considering the immigration pathway there is high demand for SCM managers in Canada and majority of provinces. The skill constitutes to NOC 0 and A level job.
Requirements for Supply Chain Management in Canada
- For pursuing an MBA in Supply Chain Management in Canada one requires a bachelor’s degree from recognized university in home country with CGPA of 3-4.
- One would be required to have letter of recommendation.
- Students may be required to provide a well drafted personal statement specifying their interest to do the program and the reasons to choose the program and the University
- A well drafted resume showcasing your complete profile.
- Language proficiency of IELTS minimum 6.5 or TOEFL 79-100. This may differ from University to University. Students need to check with individual providers for the English language requirement for Study in Canada
- Work experience is recommended and one would be required to clear interview for admission to universities.
- GIC of 10,000 CAD.
Best Universities for MBA in Supply Chain Management in Canada
Following are some of the best universities offering supply chain management courses
- York Schulin School of Business
- HEC Montreal
- University of Windsor
- University of Manitoba
- Concordia University
- Rotman School of Management
- Alberta School of Business
- DeGroote School of Business
- Universite Laval
- Seneca College
- Thompson River University
- Humber College
- University of Winnipeg
- Centennial College
- McGill University
Cost and Duration of MBA in Supply Chain Management
MBA in Supply Chain Management in Canada is usually for 18 months to 2 years duration and the cost for the same is between 20,000 CAD to 25,000 CAD annually. An international student is allowed to work 20 hours per week during academic session and full time during holidays. Also, on completion of the course MBA in Supply Chain Management graduates are eligible for 3 years of post study work permit. Prospective students can contact best immigration consultant in Chandigarh, West Highlander for free counseling and profile assessment session for success of their visa application.
Careers after MBA in Supply Chain Management
- Logistic Analyst
- Production Planning Manager
- Purchasing Agent
- Purchasing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Supply Chain Manager
- Logistic Coordinator
- Logistics Manager
- Storage & Distribution Manager are some of the professions one can consider after MBA in Supply Chain Management in Canada.