Last Updated on April 27, 2021 by West Highlander
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
Duration: 2 years
If you want to Architectural Technician then this diploma from Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is appropriate choice for you. The course makes you an efficient with technical skills. you’ll be able to create the bridge between the builder and architect by producing vital set of drawings or plans from which the whole construction idea develops.
Students will specifically study methods of construction, legislation, design principles, working on drawings, the tender process involved, feasibility issues and contract administration, with the ultimate focus on the draughting software programme ArchiCAD.
The subjects you’ll study are:
- Industry Roles and Legislation
- Tender Processes
- Building Materials
- Construction Drawing
- Small Building Construction
- Building Feasibility
- Documentation for Small Buildings
- Construction Detailing
- Environmental Impact
- Commercial Construction
- Design Theory
- Preliminary Design
- Building Services
- Developed Design
- Virtual Design and Documentation
- Documentation for Medium Buildings
The students who have passed their 10+2 (open entry): specifically mathematics.
English Proficiency Score:
- IELTS Academic score of 6.0 with no less than5.5
- TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT) score of 60 or higher (with a writing score of 20)
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550
- PTE (Academic) score of 42 with no band score lower than 36.
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.