Southern Institute of Technology
Duration: 1 year
Intake: May and September
*Fee: NZ$14,000.00 per year
This diploma is for the students who want to have advanced cookery skills to make their better career in the hospitality sector. Through this diploma students learn design the menus based on the portion to be served, nutritional principles and costing of the food. The graduates are trained to work and supervise at senior position in the commercial kitchen.
The students will be studying following courses:
- Demonstrate knowledge of purchasing and stores management in a hospitality environment.
- Develop a maintenance schedule in the hospitality industry
- Apply staffing strategies to achieve service delivery outcomes for operational roles in a service delivery organisation
- Manage operating procedures and compliance requirements to meet service delivery outcomes.
- Manage staff to meet service delivery outcomes.
- Larder Production
- Food Preparation
- Menu Design
The students who’ve completed their 10+2 may apply for New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) with Strands in Cookery at SIT.
English proficiency Score
- IELTS test – Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) – Score of 550 (with an essay score 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet- based test (iBT) – Score of 46 (with a writing score of 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE (Academic score of 42)
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.