Last Updated on April 28, 2021 by West Highlander
Southern Institute of Technology
Campus: Invercargill, Queenstown
Duration: 1 year
Intake: March, May July, August, October, December
*Fee: NZ$14,000.00 per year
SIT’s Diploma of Level 6 in Tourism and Travel develops the skills in students to analyse and evaluate environment of tourism nationally and internationally to develop and guide business effectively in progressive direction. The students will be able to identify required roles and styles and will be able to put their potential impact to bring change in the management. They will also be developing, analysing and criticising the business strategies and process for commercial development to provide quality experience to the visitors and sustainability of business. The students will be analysing and proposing different business strategies to improve business along with preparing impactful PR campaigns.
For Level 6, the students will be studying:
- Tourism and Hospitality Studies II (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (15 credits)
- Tourism and Hospitality Research and Analysis (15 credits)
- Tourism and Hospitality Services Management (15 credits)
- Strategic Management for Tourism and Hospitality Enterprises (15 credits)
- Tourism and Hospitality Financial Management (15 credits)
- Employment Relations and Law for Tourism and Hospitality (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship in Tourism and Hospitality (15 credits)
The students who have completed their 10+2 may go for Diploma in Tourism and Travel Level 6 at SIT.
English Proficiency Score
- IELTS test – Academic score of 6 not less than 5
- TOEFL (pBT) – Score of 550 (essay score 5 TWE)
- TOEFL (iBT) – Score of 60 (writing score of 20)
- PTE score of 50
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.