New Zealand licensed Immigration Adviser

In New Zealand, there is an Immigration Advisers Authority (IAA), an independent body which regulates the competency standards and code of conduct for immigration advisers, issue licenses to candidates who are suitable for providing immigration advice, scrutinise people who provide advice without holding appropriate license, receive complaints from people who have been guided wrongly by immigration advisers and take appropriate actions.
Established under the Immigration Advisers Licensing Act 2007, IAA requires that anyone who provides an immigration advice must hold the license unless they are exempt. The people who are exempt under IAA regulation include Citizens Advice Bureaux staff and lawyers with a valid New Zealand practicing certificate.
An immigration licensed Adviser dwells knowledge about the NZ immigration law and immigration and operational instructions. He’s able to assess client’s immigration situation with a customised approach, identify potential barriers to eligibility, provide services in an ethical, accurate, timely and conscientious manner and represent clients through the application process and so forth.
There are three types of licensed immigration advisers –

  • Full – These advisers can provide advice on all kinds of immigration matters related to New Zealand. One such Full Immigration Adviser License holder is Ms. Parwinder Kaur (License no. – 201002008) who is a Director of West Highlander.
  • Provisional – These can provide advice on all immigration matters under the guidance of a full license holder.
  • Limited – They are allowed to provide advice on immigration matters but only in certain mentioned categories.

Having learnt about meaning, requirements, functions, types of licenses and governing authorities of licensed immigration advisers, now you can confidently ask your immigration or study abroad consultant to show their license and if they are unable to produce the license, you better apply through a licensed adviser. West Highlander is a study abroad consultancy offering visa process services for study in New Zealand. Ms. Parwinder Kaur holds full license from Immigration Advisers Authority New Zealand and can provide advice over all immigration matters. Contact no. – 9915999-677, 766.