New Zealand Nursing registration CAP program

Are you a nurse in India who would like to work in New Zealand? To work in New Zealand you need to fulfil the nursing requirements NZ of Nursing Council of New Zealand and be registered as a nurse in New Zealand. If you are a nurse registered in India then after going through the assessment process of nursing council of New Zealand and meeting the initial criteria to practice Nursing in New Zealand you need to do the Competency Assessment program NZ popularly known as the CAP Program New Zealand.
What is CAP Program New Zealand?
This course is for internationally registered nurses who after applying with New Zealand nursing council have met the initial criteria and have been directed to do Competency assessment program NZ by the New Zealand nursing council.
What is the process of registration as a nurse in New Zealand?
For the initial criteria you must fulfil following requirements

  • You must have the required English language ability Academic IELTS 7 in each of the four modules or an equivalent OET score
  • You must have been registered as a nurse in the country you did your nursing from along with holding a current nursing registration
  • You must have experience for 2 years in the last 5 years
  • You must be fit to practice
    What happens after completion of initial criteria?
    Once you have met the initial criteria you get a notification from the Nursing Council New Zealand to complete a Competency Assessment Programme NZ before registration
    Based on this letter from New Zealand Nursing Council you apply for admission in CAP Program New Zealand.
    What is the duration of the CAP Program?
    The program is a full time course of 8 to 12 weeks with clinical practice which is arranged by the college from where you do your Competency Assessment program
    What is the cost of the program?
    The average cost ranges from NZD 9000 to 12000 depending on the college where you do your CAP Program.
    What is the process after completion of the program?
    After you successfully complete the program you get a complete registration with nursing council of New Zealand and are qualified to work as a nurse in New Zealand as now you have completed the nursing requirements of NZ.
    What is Special category visa & Who should I consult ?
    For your CAP program you need to apply for special category visitor visa. You should always consult a New Zealand qualified Licensed Immigration Adviser, because only they are authorised to handle such case by New Zealand Immigration.
    Operations director at West Highlander, Ms. Parwinder Kaur is one of the most experienced LIA, Licensed since 2010.