Canada is one of the favourite study abroad destinations among international students. Students can choose from hundreds of course options available. Although the students have the option to choose a course which interests them, they must be careful about selecting a relevant course. Selection of a relevant course is crucial as the success of your Canada study visa application largely depends on this.
Many students who have done their graduation and would like to study in Canada opt for PG course in Human Resource Management in Canada. While a course at a PG level is a favourable option for you but all graduates may not opt for a PG course in HRM. It is so because all of the Bachelors degree may not have relevancy with the HRM course at PG level you wish to do in Canada.
What is a relevant course for Canada student visa?
A relevant course would be course which shows a logical progression of your academic history and any work experience you may hold
What kind of profiles should opt for Post graduate course in HRM for study in Canada?
A PG course in Human Resource Management is best suited for following academic profiles
- Applicants with Bachelors where one of the subjects is Psychology
- Applicants with Bachelors of Business administration – BBA degree
- Applicants with Bachelors of commerce
- Applicants with Bachelor of Psychology
Can an applicant apply to study PG course in Human resource management if he does not have a relevant degree?
Yes, a PG course in HRM is also suited for applicants who do not have a Bachelors degree in above fields but have an experience in HR after completion of their Bachelors program. So if you are an experienced applicant in HR field you may opt for a HR course.
What are the course options at PG level in HRM?
International students with a 3 years Bachelors degree may opt to do following course
- Graduate certificate in Human resource management- HRM
- Post Graduate certificate in Human Resource Management
Above are the course options available for students who would like to study Human resource management in Canada after 3 years of Bachelors program.
What are the entry requirements for HRM courses for study in Canada?
Applicants wishing to study in Canada need to fulfil certain academic and English language requirements to get admission into the desired program
- You need to be a graduate. You must have good marks in your degree. Students having 3 years of Bachelors course may apply for a graduate certificate, post graduate certificate or a PG Diploma in HRM.
- Applicants may also be required to submit SOP that is statement of purpose as a part of their admission application process.
English language requirements
- Applicants must also fulfil English language requirements. Students can do this by providing an English language test score like IELTS or PTE.
- For graduate certificates the students may get admission with an overall band score of 6 or an equivalent score in a PTE test
- For Post Graduate certificates and post graduate diplomas the students need to have an overall IELTS band score of 6.5. The students may also give a PTE test with an equivalent band score
What are the visa requirements to study PG course in HRM in Canada?
Applicants can apply for Canada study visa under 2 categories SDS scheme and non SDS scheme. Based on the category you would be required to fulfil visa conditions
Requirements for Canada SDS visa
Applicants need to fulfil the following for their application to be considered under SDS scheme for Canada
- Payment of 1 year of tuition fees
- GIC of that is Guaranteed Income Certificate of Canadian dollars 10000
- IELTS band score of 6 in each of the four modules of Listening, reading, writing and speaking. Students must note that under SDS visa for Canada study only IELTS as an English language test is acceptable. If you have Test like PTE then your application would fall under non SDS category of Canada student visa
- Upfront medical examination
Which are the best Universities/ colleges offering PG courses in Human Resource Management in Canada?
Following are the best universities colleges offering PG HRM course in Canada
- Seneca College
- Georgian college
- Algonquin College
- Cambrian college
- Canadore College
- Centennial college
- Conestoga College
- Confederation College
- Fanshawe College
- Durham College
- George Brown College
- Humber College
- Loyalist College
- Mohawk College
- Niagara College
- Sheridan College
- St. Clair College
There are other colleges and universities providing HRM courses in Canada. Your Canada study visa consultant may help you with short listing of the best Universities/ colleges offering PG courses in Human Resource Management in Canada