Last Updated on April 25, 2019 by West Highlander
The creating, combining and blending symbols, images and texts to frame visual context of ideas and images; it is called graphic design. It makes use of visual arts, page layout and typography for generating visual compositions. The field of Graphic Designing has paramount usage owing to rapid digitization. Graphic Designing is commonly used in corporate design, environmental design, editorial design, product packaging, etc. All the products, entertainment sources, communication channels and so forth require animation and graphic designing.
Scope of Animation and Graphic Designing –
Biggest advantage of this field is that you can deliver the product from anywhere in the world. Distance is no bar in this advance form of service business. Talking about monetary aspects, the average annual salary of a Graphic Designer in Canada is about C$ 44,000. It can be higher depending upon the region you work in and your skill. The salary is expected to increase with experience and skill enhancement. The students can opt for a career as an Animator, 3D Artist, Layout Artist, Modeller and Rigger, Visual Effects Artist, Production Assistant, etc.
The colleges providing Graphic Design Courses in Canada include –
- Durham College – Among various colleges in Canada for international students, Durham College is renowned for instilling excellent practical skills and theoretical understanding in students so that they can opt for potential career opportunities. The program they provide is Advanced Diploma in Graphic Design at Oshawa campus. The duration of the campus is 3 years and the tuition fee is $15,631. The program is a promising option to study in Canada.
- Seneca College – The institution provides three-year advanced diploma in Graphic Design course which will prepare students with the knowledge and skills required to create potent design solutions for experiential design and print projects. The courses include software training, typography, design history, photography and video, effective business writing, branding design, etc. The program costs about $17,000 which includes tuition, books and supply costs. The admission requirements include senior secondary education and Grade 12 English capability.
- Niagara College – The School of Media of the college provides Graphic Design course to study in Canada. The study program has 6 semesters and is available at Welland campus. It will provide students with a hands-on experience in state of the art computer equipped labs and design studios. It includes 1,800 hours of practical design studio and will enable students to become a comprehensive, conceptual and innovative thinker.
- Capilano University – Among various universities in Canada, Capilano University has earned accolades for its excellent knowledge imparting ways with hybrid modes. The university has Faculty of Fine & Applied Arts Idea School of Design and provides Bachelor of Design in Visual Communication program through it. The contents encompass survey and principles of illustration and design, digital media, creative thinking for designers, digital media, brand identity, technology intensive, professional development, etc.
- Thompson Rivers University – Counted amongst the top universities in Canada, TRU provides best learning environment, distinguished infrastructural facilities and a proper balance on curricular and co-curricular. The university provides Bachelor of Design program which has general requirements as 6 credits in English, 6 credits in Humanities, 6 credits in mathematics, 6 in Social science and 3 elective credits. The program is known for making students ready to enter the professional world.
These are the various universities and colleges in Canada for international students to acquire education in graphic design and animation scenario. If you require more information regarding study in Canada, you can consult Canada Education Agents Course Graduate – Ms. Parwinder Kaur (Director of West Highlander).