Glasgow Caledonian University is the public university in Glasgow city located in Scotland Country of the United Kingdom. In 1992 with the removal of the distinction between the Colleges and Universities, The Queen's College, Glasgow (founded in 1875) and Glasgow Polytechnic merged all-together to form Glasgow Caledonian University in 1993. Within a short period, it has been in the world’s top 150 young universities by the Times Higher Education's 200 under age of 50 Rankings 2017.
As an international student, what I can pursue at Glasgow Caledonian University to study in the UK:
GCU has the following Academic Schools:
- Computing, Engineering and Built Environment
This further compromise of 8 schools:
- Applied Science (Control, Instrumentation and Forensics)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Construction and Surveying
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Management
- Applied Computer Games
- Cyber Security and Networks
- School for Business and Society
The Glasgow School for Business and Society brings together disciplines in law, business and social sciences, teaching and research in Fashion, Tourism, Risk Management, Finance and Multimedia Journalism. Following three departments make up this school:
- Department of Law, Economics, Accountancy & Risk
- Department of Business Management
- Department of Social Sciences, Media & Journalism
- Health and Life Sciences
GCU’s School of Health and Life Sciences is one of Scotland's largest research and teaching centres in health care and life sciences. GCU is ranked in the Top 20 in the UK for allied health research at world-leading and internationally excellent standards. This School is further divided into:
- Department of Nursing and Community Health
- Department of Psychology, Social Work and Allied Health Sciences
- Department of Life Sciences
To study in the UK at Glasgow Caledonian University, the entry requirements are:
For most of the programs, one needs to have a 6.0 Overall Band Score in IELTS while some courses demand 7.0.
The Quality Assurance Agency appreciated the University for maintaining its highest judgement whilst praising the University's innovative academic approaches. The Times Higher Education 2018 UK Student Experience survey named GCU as the second most improved university in the UK for student experience, up from 99th to joint 67th.
To know in detail the courses you can pursue at Glasgow Caledonian University as an International Student aiming to study in the UK, reach West Highlander.
West Highlander is the leading study-abroad consultancy. To counsel students desiring to study in the UK, we have veteran Ms Parwinder Kaur – the Education UK Certifies Counsellor. She has more than 14 years of experience.