United Kingdom (UK) is located in European continent, is a member of European Union. It has become extremely popular among international students, especially Indian students. Europe has high-ranked universities where no language barrier you would find. They offer under graduate and Master courses to international students.
In fact the country is considered as the second highest for having a number of international students because around 200 nations’ students come to study at Colleges or university level. It has a great reputation for providing top-class quality education to international students in various courses. Overseas student can easily adjust with the climate of the country as it goes not much than 32°C in summers.
The official currency of the UK is Pound (£). Student can drive in UK having valid international driving license for a year but it should be printed in English. If student has a foreign license, which is not recognized for the purpose of exchanging licenses, student can drive as a visitor for up to 12 months from the date last entered the UK.
Education in UK will provide you a solid foundation and enhance your potential to get higher salary job that you would like to have. Every university is recognized worldwide for having inspired and demanding environment which assist students to push themselves to the great.
Universities in UK are inspected on regular basis to ensure that they sustain a high standard of teaching, learning and research described by Government. The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) is the key body which maintains these standard.
We are Education UK certified Counselor and ICEF Trained Agent Counselor and member of NASFA. We are also an ICEF Accredited Agency, having a great presence in the industry with thousand of satisfied customer settled in their preferred countries. We have been awarded with several certifications by various authorities of numerous countries which make us authentic and special among others.
- Hassel Free Transition
- One Stop Solution
- Licensed & Regulated
- Accurate Assessment
TIER 4 VISA: STUDENTS
This Visa category introduced in 2009, the Tier 4 visa categories provide to students who are paying for tuition in the UK. It highlights the significance laid by the universities and colleges on income from overseas. The prime objective of Tier-4 immigration service is to offer a straightforward, user-friendly and transparent solution to students willing to study in the UK.
CATEGORIES OF TIER 4
There are two student categories in Tier 4 of the points-based system:
This category is proposed for students coming to the UK for post-16 education.
This category is intended for children between 4 and 17 years of age who are coming to the UK for their education. However, children between 4 and 15 years of age may only be educated at independent fee paying schools.
UK TIER 4 POINTS BASED SYSTEM
It is mandatory for students to fulfill all the requirements of the Immigration Rules, other than having a total of 40 points.
- CAS statement (Confirmation Acceptance for Studies) issued from universities/institutions (registered in UK Border Agency Sponsor Register) will provide the student 30 points.
- Satisfaction of fund requirement as mentioned by the UK Border Agency will make him/her eligible to get an additional 10 points and therefore obtain Visa.
- University of Bedfordshire
- University of Sunderland
- Glyndwr university
- The Stay Academy
- Teessied University
Intakes The main intake offered by all Universities is September / October & few universities offer Jan / Feb intake also.
For the Admission in UK Following is the list of documents required.
- Mark sheet & Passing certificates (10th & 10+2)
- Mark sheets + degree- Graduation
- IELTS/TOFEL score card
- At least, 2 Academic reference letters from professors who have taught most recently. Once reference in case of UG application on the UCAS application form itself.
- Passport copy
- Work Experience (If any)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Financial documentation
- Statement of Purpose
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Admission processing time: Varies from college to college- 15 days up to 2-3 months for university admission
- Documents required for individual universities and individual courses in the UK may vary.
West Highlander provides all the admission & services to its students free of cost. We liaise with the College & Universities on the receipt of applications and follow up on your admission decisions. Our information resource is apt to assist you making the correct choice.
Each program may have specific entry requirements. Our trained counselor asses your application as per your interest & Academic pathway and helps you to find and enroll in a suitable course.
Following documents are required for study visa
- Original Passport
- Photographs- 4
- Academic documents original
- Work Experience ( if any)
- Original Bank Letter of Financial Support (In English): Duly certified copy of confirmation letter from a Banking Institution valid for six months, in their country of residence, of their financial ability to cover tuition fees, living and repatriation expenses
- Visa Fee
- Original family Income documents
The estimated living cost per year is between £7,000 – £9,000.
For Main Applicant
- £13,521 (£1,020 for each month of stay in the country) in case the UK University and College is in London (inside of inner London boroughs)
- £12056 (£820 for each month of stay in the country) if the University and College is outside London (outside of inner London boroughs)
- £7605 (£845 multiplied by 9 months) if the University of the main applicant is in London (inside of inner London boroughs)
- £6120 (£680 multiplied by 9 months) if the University is outside London (outside of inner London boroughs)
Tuition fees per year range from £7,000 to £9,000 for Arts courses and £7,500 to £12,000 for Science courses.
The duration of a UK undergraduate course ranges from three to four years, while a full-time postgraduate degree is generally a year. There are plenty of options available to students following their degree and there will always be lots of guidance to help for international student to achieve the career path.
In the UK, tuition fee largely depends on whether international student plans to study at a Public or Private Institution (refer to the difference between public and private Institutions on their websites).
Students may find that some places are cheaper to live in UK as compared to others. The major expenses that a student has to pay are of accommodation, power, groceries, transport etc.
Accommodation: A student may opt for hall of residence, rented house along with friends, home stay depending upon his interest and budget.
Basic and other expenses include cost of-
- Stationary & books
- Power & gas.
Education system in UK is divided into following levels
- Primary & Secondary School: Prior to higher education, students attend primary and secondary school for a combined total of 12 years. These years are referred to as the first through twelfth grades.
- Undergraduate Level: Students aspiring to attend college or university after completion of high school must attend undergraduate school. These schools offer either a two-year Associate degree or a four-year Bachelor degree in a specific course of study.
- Graduate Level: After obtaining a Bachelors degree student can continue to pursue one out of two types of degrees. One is a Masters degree which is generally a two-year degree that is highly specialized in a particular field. Another education in a specific field can pursue a Doctorate degree, called a PhD
- UK qualification is worldwide recognition.
- UK is the vast wealth of the resources, there very supporting industries, great training and research.
- International students on successful completion of their study in UK are highly sought after by employers worldwide.
- UK universities attract world renowned faculty and are at the forefront of research and technological development.
- WORK RIGHTS DURING STUDIES: International students studying in the UK are eligible to work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school is in session, and can work full time during vacations / scheduled breaks.
- The main benefit of studying in the UK is the flexibility of the undergraduate curriculum offered by universities.
- Over 4,000 degree-granting institutions of higher learning in the UK .
- Team of West Highlander plays a vital role in helping the students chose the right direction for a better career.
- Our experience helped international students in selecting the right course and the right University.
- Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in UK.
- West Highlander is a ICEF accredited agency and has ICEF trained counselor having experience in overseas study counseling
- Firm foundation of counseling staff of study in UK which helps students aspiring to study in UK understands the education system & its benefits.
- Information about tuition fees and cost of living in UK.
- No processing charges
- Representatives of TOP colleges & Universities in UK
- One to one counseling of students
- Complete admission and visa process services
West Highlander is a leading study abroad immigration consultant in Chandigarh with many years of experience of study in UK. The expertise & experience of West highlander team makes your study in UK dream come true.
West Highlander is the best consultant in Chandigarh making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.