Last Updated on June 14, 2022 by West Highlander
New Zealand is one of the preferred study abroad destinations among international students. Many Indian students prefer to Study in New Zealand because of the benefits it offers to international students. This blog about benefits of Masters by Research in New Zealand is compiled by an experienced LIA- Licensed Immigration Adviser at West Highlander Immigration in Chandigarh and could be beneficial to students looking forward to study Masters by research in New Zealand.
This blog covers
- Benefits of Masters by Research in New Zealand
- Requirements for Masters by research in New Zealand
- Cost of Masters by Research in New Zealand for Indian students
- Universities for Masters in New Zealand
Benefits of Masters by Research in New Zealand
New Zealand offers lots of benefits to students who choose to study in New Zealand. New Zealand may be particularly attractive to Indian students who choose to do Masters by research in New Zealand. This may be because of the following benefits it offers to international students
First advantage of Masters by Research in New Zealand- no restrictions on the hours you can work while studying
If students choose to do Masters in New Zealand in research the first advantage they have is of unrestricted hours of work during study. The students who choose to do tertiary courses other Masters by research or PhD have restriction of working hours during the time course is in session. They can work up to 20 hours per week. But if you choose to do Masters by research there is no restrictions on the hours you can work which is a great attraction for Masters in New Zealand for Indian students.
Second advantage of Masters by Research in New Zealand -Post study work visa of 3 years
The second benefit of Masters in New Zealand for international students is that they may qualify for a post study work visa of 3 years upon successful completion of course while on New Zealand study visa. So choosing Masters by research gives Study in New Zealand for international students double benefit of unrestricted working hours during study along with post study work visa of 3 years.
Third advantage of Masters by Research in New Zealand -Work visa for dependent spouse
This is yet another big benefit. If you are a married applicant and would like to apply for New Zealand student visa then your spouse may be eligible to apply for a work visa. There is no requirement of job offer to apply for New Zealand dependent spouse work visa as a dependent of a student visa holder.
Fourth advantage of Masters by Research in New Zealand -Student visa for dependent children
This is yet another big advantage for students who choose to study Masters by Research in New Zealand. If you have any school going dependent children then you may apply for student visa for your kids. You need not pay international tuition fees for your children. Your kids are eligible for the tuition fee payment as that of domestic students.
So based on your New Zealand study visa your spouse gets work visa and your children get student visa for New Zealand.
Requirements for Masters by research in New Zealand
There are certain requirements to study Masters of research for Indian students in New Zealand. Students need to meet academic and English language requirements to get admission into the study program
- Applicants must have an honours graduate degree or higher with at least 55 % of marks.
- A statement of research interest is also mandatory for admission application process.
- New Zealand being an English language speaking country, applicants are required to provide the evidence of their English language ability. They can do this by providing academic IELTS band score of overall 6.5 with no band less than 6 for their Masters in New Zealand. Applicants may also submit an equivalent English language score in other test like PTE/TOEFL.
- The applicants are also required to provide letter of references as a part of their admission application to study Masters in New Zealand. The references could be academic reference or a professional reference.
Cost of Masters by Research in New Zealand for Indian students
International students are required to pay international fees for the Masters course they wish to study in New Zealand .The tuition fees of a Masters by research program in New Zealand is approximately $ 20000 per year. Students must note that this tuition fee for this Post Graduate Course in New Zealand may vary depending on the choice of your institute. Students must check with the college or university for the exact cost of Masters Course in New Zealand.
Universities for Masters in New Zealand
Applicants may find a Masters course in universities as well as ITP’s in New Zealand. Some of the Universities for Masters in New Zealand are
- Auckland University of technology
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Auckland
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
Applicants may consult an experienced and best New Zealand study visa consultant to shortlist the University for their Study in New Zealand suiting their requirements. West Highlander Immigration a leading New Zealand study visa consultant in Chandigarh can help you with your process of admission and visa application.
West Highlander Immigration Consultants- Your trusted and best New Zealand study visa consultant in Chandigarh
In case you are an applicant from India looking forward to apply for New Zealand student visa then you may consult experienced LIA- Licensed Immigration Adviser at West Highlander Immigration Chandigarh. Ms Parwinder Kaur LIA- Licensed Immigration adviser at West Highlander Immigration Chandigarh is a full license holder and is authorised to provide assistance and apply all types of New Zealand visas. She has been guiding New Zealand study visa aspirants as well as their dependent spouses for last many years and has a good track record of successfully handling the cases. Applicants may contact West Highlander for
- Free profile assessment of their Study in New Zealand
- Know about 1 year masters programs in New Zealand
- Know about Masters in New Zealand cost
- New Zealand dependent Visa Eligibility assessment of your dependent spouse and dependent children