Australia is a country which provides abundance of opportunities for students who wish to study in Australia. Nursing is one of the professions which is highly in demand all over the world and Australia is not an exception.
Nurses are highly in demand in Australia and if you do nursing in Australia there are good opportunities for you as an international student. Students may also, manage to get a pathway to PR in Australia after nursing.
Entry Requirements for BSc Nursing in Australia
International applicants need to fulfil certain entry requirements if they wish to study nursing in Australia. There are certain academic and English language requirements to get admission into nursing course in Australia
If you are an applicant wishing to study BSc nursing in Australia then you need to have minimum percentage of marks in your 12th. These are tentatively as below
Academic requirements for BSc Nursing in Australia
If you have done 12th awarded by CBSE or CISCE board then the requirement is of 65 % in four academic subjects. The requirement may vary depending on the university you wish to study in Australia as well the board you may have from 12th from. Students are highly encouraged to check with the individual university for the exact requirement of marks in 12th.
Along with marks in 12th the applicants also need to have English language ability so that they can successfully complete their BSc nursing in Australia.
English language requirements for BSc Nursing in Australia
Applicants can provide this in the form of English language test with scores as below
- IELTS (academic module) with a minimum overall score of 7 and a minimum score of 7 in each of the four modules of Listening, reading, writing and speaking
- OET with a minimum score of B in each of the four components
- PTE Academic with a minimum overall score of 65 and a minimum score of 65 in each of the four communicative skills
- TOEFL iBT with a minimum total score of 94 and the following minimum score in each section of the test: 24 listening, 24 reading, 27 writing, and 23 speaking
Intakes for BSc Nursing in Australia
The major intakes for study in Australia are February and July. Students may find most of the options for nursing course in February intake. Students are encouraged to check with the intakes with the universities offering BSc nursing in Australia
Tuition fee For BSc Nursing in Australia
The students may get a BSc Nursing course in Australia starting from somewhere Australian dollars 28000 per year. Again the fees may vary depending on the university the students wish to study in Australia.
Applicants may contact an experienced and an expert Australia study visa consultant to know about various BSc nursing options in Australia.
West Highlander based in Chandigarh having office near passport office Chandigarh has been helping students for Australia student visa since 2005. Their qualification, experience and expertise make them the best Australia student visa consultant in Chandigarh. In case you are looking to apply for Australia student visa then you may contact MARA agent at West Highlander Chandigarh.
Course structure of BSc Nursing in Australia
Australia is known for its world class education. The degree from an Australian university would give you an edge to kick-start your career. BSc Nursing in Australia is so structured that provide content and clinical experience and contemporary nursing practices in professional areas, biological sciences and social sciences. The nursing course contents cover anatomy, pharmacology, physiology, patho-physiology, and sociology for health sciences, Australian health care system, legal and ethical studies to name a few.
Best Universities for BSc Nursing in Australia
There are number of universities offering BSc nursing programs in Australia. The best universities where the students can study nursing are
- University of Technology Sydney
- The University of Sydney
- Monash University
- University of Queensland
- Deakin University
- Griffith University
Scope of nursing in Australia
Nursing is in huge demand in Australia. In fact nursing features in almost all of the skills shortage list in Australia which means that the students after completing their study on Australia student visa can find number of opportunities. The nursing occupations in the CSOL list for Australia are
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) 254412
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) 254415
- Registered Nurse (Developmental Disability) 254416
- Registered Nurse (Disability and Rehabilitation) 254417
- Registered Nurse (Medical Practice) 254421
- Registered Nurse (Medical) 254418
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) 254422
- Registered Nurse (Paediatrics) 254425
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) 254423
- Registered Nurse (Surgical) 254424
- Registered Nurses nec 254499