People from all over the world have made Australia their home. Australia is one of the destinations where many people from India are settled permanently. If you are an Indian married to an Australian permanent resident or citizen then you may apply for spouse visa as a dependent partner of Australian permanent resident or citizen under visa subclass 309. This blog compiled by and experienced MARA agent at West Highlander Immigration Chandigarh having years of solid expertise in dealing with spouse visas for Australia could be beneficial to applicants looking forward to apply for Australia spouse temporary visa 309 leading to permanent spouse visa 100 for Australia
This blog covers
- What is visa subclass provisional partner visa subclass 309?
- What is visa subclass permanent partner visa subclass 100?
- Australia Spouse visa subclass 309 eligibility criteria
- Requirements the main applicant for visa subclass 309 needs to meet
- Requirements the Australian sponsor needs to meet for visa subclass 309
- Temporary spouse visa subclass 309 to permanent visa subclass 100 process for Australia
What is visa subclass provisional partner visa subclass 309?
Visa subclass 309 is a temporary visa which allows the partners of Australian permanent residents or citizens to live in Australia. This visa leads to permanent spouse visa 100 for Australia. Visa subclass 309 is a multiple entry visa. Applicants can lodge the application for their permanent visa when they apply for visa subclass 309. This way they do not need to pay for any visa fee once trheir prominent spouse visa application for Australia under visa subclass 100 starts to process. The visa fees for visa subclass 309 is Australian dollars 7850.
What is visa subclass permanent partner visa subclass 100?
Visa subclass 100 is a permanent visa which allows the partners of Australian permanent residents or citizens to live in Australia permanently. With this Australia spouse visa you can live and work in Australia permanently. You are also eligible to enrol in Australia’s public health care scheme. Applicants may also sponsor their relatives once they get their partner migrant visa subclass 100
Spouse visa subclass 309 eligibility criteria
The basic eligibility the applicants for this partner provisional visa are required to meet is that they must be in a genuine relationship with their partner who is an Australian permanent resident or an Australian citizen. This is the basic condition the applicants must meet.
Requirements the main applicant for visa subclass 309 needs to meet
There are some Australia spouse visa requirements the applicants need to meet to apply for this temporary partner visa subclass 309
- You must be 18 at least years old as this is the age to be married under Australia law
- You must have evidence to support that you are in a genuine relationship with your spouse. The evidence must cover all aspects of your relationship like social aspect, financial aspect, household responsibilities aspect, your commitment of maintaining this relationship on a long term basis etc.
- You must meet the health requirements and provide health examination as a part of the application process
- You must be of good character. You must provide your police clearance certificate
Requirements the Australian sponsor needs to meet for visa subclass 309
There are certain requirements the sponsor needs to meet. These are
- The sponsor must not have been sponsored himself or herself and granted a partner visa or prospective marriage visa which was applied less than 5years from the date you wish to sponsor your current partner
- The sponsor must also have not sponsored more than 1 person for partner visa or prospective marriage visa which was applied less than 5years from the date you wish to sponsor your current partner
- You must meet your obligations for sponsorship of provisional partner visa subclass 309. You must help to provide accommodation and financial assistance to your dependent spouse. You must also help them with any English language course if required.
Temporary visa subclass 309 to permanent visa subclass 100 process
The processing of Australia spouse visa under visa subclass 100 which is a permanent partner visa usually begins 2 years after you lodge the visa application. There are certain requirements the applicants need to meet which are as below
- You must prove that you are in continuing genuine relationship with your partner
- You must update about any change in your circumstances
- You must provide the details of your most recent passport
- You must provide Australia police certificate
- Your partner that is Australian permanent resident or citizen must provide a statutory declaration partner visa sponsor