A common query among applicants planning to apply for Australia PR is how to evaluate the points required for being successful. Business immigrants and skilled professionals both can now immigrate to Australia based on their work experiences or skill sets, education qualification and other requirements. As PR in both Canada and Australia is an economic system based on points one needs to meet the minimum threshold to be eligible and maximize their chances of success.
Australia PR programs
Australia PR programs are available under General Skilled Migration. Australia skilled migration points of 65 are required for any of the three programs. While in 189 subclass for Australia PR you could live and work anywhere. Subclass 190 offers applicants with the option of getting nominated by an Australian state or territory. For this category you need to meet the program requirements and meet the 65 points for Australia PR benchmarks. For subclass 491 for Australia PR one can apply as a skilled worker and live and work in regional Australia.
How Points for Australia PR are awarded?
Applicants planning to apply for Australia PR under General Skilled Migration need to meet the 65 points requirement. These points are awarded for:
- Age– Applicants should be between the age of 18 and 49 to ensure more points under the age bracket.
- English Language Proficiency– In case you meet the required benchmark of English language competency then you can points for the same. Higher your IELTS/PTE score more points you can score for English skills.
- Work Experience– Applicants planning to apply for Australia PR and have three to eight years of work experience in their nominated skill occupation in the last 10 years.
- Educational Qualification– Applicants can score points for their level of education. Higher your education be it master’s or PhD more points you can score. An applicant needs to have minimum higher education to qualify for Australia PR.
- Partner skills– In case your partner is planning to apply for Australia PR along with you then you can claim additional points for their age, educational qualification, work experience and language proficiency.
- Further, in case you have Australia work experience, Australian study or have lived and studies in a regional area then you can claim additional points for the same.
Calculate 65 points for Australia PR
- English Language Proficiency
|English Language Proficiency||Points|
|Superior (IELTS score of 8 or more)||20|
|Proficient (IELTS score of 7 or more)||10|
|Competent (IELTS score of 6 or more)||0|
- Work Experience
|Work Experience within Australia||Points|
|Completed a professional year in Australia in the last 4 years||5|
|Work Experience outside Australia||Points|
- Educational Qualification
|Bachelor’s or Master’s degree||15|
|Australian Diploma or trade qualification||10|
|Award or qualification recognized by the assessing authority in the assessment of the skilled occupation||10|
|Any degree, diploma, or trade qualification earned in Australia after at least 2 years of study||5|
|Any degree, diploma, or trade qualification earned in Australia after at least 2 years of study in a regional Australia/low population growth metropolitan area.||5|
|NAATI recognized translator/interpreter level skills in a community language of Australia||5|
- Nomination and Sponsorship (For Subclass 190 & 489)
|Sponsorship and Nomination||Points|
|Nomination by a State or Territory government under a State Migration Plan for a Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) application||5|
|Nomination by a State or Territory government under a State Migration Plan, or an eligible relative, to a designated area for a Skilled Nominated or Sponsored visa (Provisional) (Subclass 489) application||10|
Why West Highlander for Australia PR?
- West Highlander is a pioneer in immigration services and licensed Australia PR consultants in Chandigarh with highest application success rates for last 15 years.
- We are licensed migration agent of Australia and our expert Australia counselors offer FREE assessment to understand your need of Australia immigration.
- We try to understand the need of your Australia immigration and then provide effective results for your need as per your requirement. We suggest the best services and programs as per your need.