Western Australia has attempted a new measure to smoothen the troublesome process of acquiring Permanent Residency in Australia for international students. They have rolled out a new Graduate Occupation List. To acquire a job under new Graduate Occupation List, the international students are required to fulfill following conditions –
- Have completed at least two full-time years at a Western Australian University
- Have an available job option on the list
- Have a job offer for more than twelve months, that too for full-time
- Can prove proficiency in English i.e. IELTS score should not be less than 7 Band in any module.
- The master and doctoral program students can opt for any occupation on the list while there are restrictions on bachelor or diploma course students.
- The work experience requirement for Master’s and PhD degree holders has been waived off while the work experience requirements for lower qualifications remain same. They should have either one year of experience in Australia in relevant field or three year of experience in any other country in relevant field.
- The occupation should be under Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) or Skilled Regional visa (subclass 489).
You can check your occupational eligibility at https://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-western-australia/occupation%20lists.
Know about appropriate career plans and courses to study in Australia at West Highlander. The Director of the company Ms. Parwinder Kaur holds MARA License from Australian Immigration.