UK has become the leading educational destination preference for the students who want to study abroad. With UK being your preference and after deciding in which university you want to study your desired program, it is important that you’re also aware about the Student-Visa Process and Requirements to study in UK.
Here is the step-by-step student visa process for the study-abroad aspirants who want to study in UK:
- Decide to study in UK
- Search for the University in which you want to study.
Shortlist the University on the basis of your requirement and expectations: one should consider ranking and reputation of the University, Tuition Fees, campus in which you want to study, course-content etc.
- Apply for the OFFER Letter
After a valid passport, Offer Letter from the University/College is the main and one of the basic requirements which is most necessary while applying for your student-visa to study in UK.
Documents to be submitted to apply for Offer Letter to study in UK:
- 10th Class Certificate
- 12th Class Certificate
- Graduation Certificate (if applying for a Post-Graduate Program)
- English Proficiency Proof (IELTS/PTE)
In IELTS an eligible candidate should have Overall 6 Band Score not less than 5.5. In case of PTE one should have atleast 43 in each module with overall average score of 50.
- A valid Passport
(Copy of front and last page and in case with any immigration history, show the copy of that page too)
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
(Submit atleast two issued by School or your College; if working then from your employer)
- Gap Justification (if any)
From the time you’ve got your last qualification till date.
- Get your Offer Letter
(In case of Conditional Offer Letter, complete your pendencies mentioned by the University in which you applied to study in UK to get Unconditional Offer-Letter).
- Fees Payment
- Apply for CAS – Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
With an unconditional offer of a place on a course offered by a licensed Tier 4 Sponsor, evidenced by a 'Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS) form from your course provider (worth 30 points).
To get the CAS you need to submit:
- Academic Qualifications
- Financial Documents
- Health Certificate (Medical Examination)
On fulfilling the conditions, CAS will be issued to you.
- Student-Visa Lodgement to study in UK.
Student-Visa to study in UK falls under Tier-4 General Student Visa.
(Students aged 16 or over who have been offered a place in a course at a UK educational institution.)
- Need to apply before 3 Months of the start of their program in the UK.
- Arrival in the UK - Up to one week before if your course lasts six months or fewer. Up to one month before if your course lasts more than six months
While lodging your file to get student-visa, you need to submit the following documents:
- A current passport or other valid travel documentation
- Evidence of funds to provide your living expenses for the duration of your course
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number and documents used to obtain CAS
- Passport-sized colour photographs
- Tuberculosis screening (if required)
- Assessment documentation
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (if required)
- Interview for Student-Visa
While lodgement, you’ll be asked to select a date for your Interview.
- Decision of your student-visa
After you’re through with your interview you’ll be informed through e-mail.
Processing Time – 16-21 Working Days
Apply through West Highlander for your UK student-visa. We have high-visa approval success rate. Since 2005, West Highlander is dedicated in counselling students who want to study abroad. Here, get your counselling done from veteran Ms. Parwinder Kaur who is the Education UK Certified Counsellor. Reach us to get honest and transparent services to apply for your student-visa to study in UK.