Under the newly launched Student Direct Stream- SDS scheme for India any student who has got IELTS band score of 6 in each of the four modules of reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking can apply and get study in Canada application decided under fast track process. The decision of your study in Canada application is made within 45 days under SDS scheme.
Designated Learning Institute –DLI with Post Study Work Rights
Under SDS scheme you must have an offer letter from any DLI institute- Designated Learning Institute. There are many designated learning Institutes but all of the designated learning institutes do not offer post study work visa for Canada to international students. If you would like to avail Post Study work visa options for international students after completing your study In Canada make sure that your college has got Post study work rights for International students.
Courses in DLI with Post Study Work Rights
One may also come across colleges where some of the courses in a Designated Learning Institute are eligible for Post study Work Rights and others are not. So you must check if proposed course has got PSW rights for international students.
Duration of the Post Study Work Visa
Course Less than 8 months No PSW
Course more than 8 months but less than 2 years PSW validity as per length of course
Course of 2 years or more PSW 3 years
Applying Post Study Work for Canada
You may apply for PSW online or on paper. You must apply for your Post Study Work Visa within 90 days of completing requirements of your course
Important Things to Take Care of
- Your program must be of at least 8 months
- If you transferred between 2 designated learning institutes the combined length of your course must be at least 8 months
- If you transfer from a college that is not a DLI to a college that is a DLI only the time at DLI would be counted.
- If you completed accelerated your program i.e. your course was of 8 academic months but you completed it in 6 months you may still be eligible to apply for PSW for Canada
- If you study for more than 8 months but not continuously you are not eligible to apply
Working while Post Study Application Is Under Process
If you full fill all the 3 below conditions you may work full time until a decision is made on your Post Study Work Visa application
- Have completed your program
- Applied your work permit before your study permit expired
- while studying you were eligible to work off campus without work permit and did not exceed the limit of your working hours
Why West Highlander
It is very important to know about all the conditions of applying for post study work visa while taking admission in a designated learning institute. We, at West Highlander understand that having exposure in a developed work environment is very important and plays a good starting in your career. We guide you properly at each and every step of your student visa application to the point where you need to apply for your Post Study work. We ensure that the student is counselled about the relevant course of study and is enrolled in a designated leaning institute with Post study work rights for international students and the course suggested completes academic duration requirement.