The University of Manitoba is a Canadian Public Research University that was founded in 1877. The university ranks 671-680 in the QS world rankings. The University of Manitoba is situated in Winnipeg, Canada. It is Manitoba’s largest and most research-intensive university, with people of diverse cultures. The motto of the university is to embrace challenges and take action. It is the place where imagination and action collide.
The University of Manitoba provides the most innovative spaces, which are unique and diverse at the same time. This university is situated in the province of Manitoba, which is known as the heart of Canada because of its nature and beautiful landscapes. The friendly people and diverse culture of the university make it a popular choice for students to study there.
The University of Manitoba has successfully served more than 100 countries at its campus till today. It has two main campuses and multiple satellite campuses. The university offers more than 100 programs on its campus, including more than 100 undergraduate programs and 150+ graduate programs. The program that are offered by the University of Manitoba are more than any postsecondary institution in Manitoba.
The programs that are offered by the University of Manitoba are known for their practical coursework and theoretical knowledge, which makes the university an optimal career choice for students all over the world. International partnerships and exchange programs are also important components of the university, which also attract the attention of international students.
The faculty of the University of Manitoba has an internationally recognized education system, and the facilities that are provided by the university make it the best fit for international students. The university provides a wide range of programs, you can find a programs according to your interests that will certainly fit you best.
The University of Manitoba is a great choice for international students because it offers the most affordable tuition fees and a 60% tax rebate on postsecondary fees to individuals who work in the province of Manitoba after graduation. The economy of Manitoba is diverse and strong, with a lot of career opportunities for international students. The living expenses are also comparatively low in Manitoba, which also makes it a popular destination to study among international students.
International students who want to study at the University of Manitoba should prepare themselves for innovative learning experiences. The educators at this university are world renowned and passionate about their chosen fields. The faculty focuses on creating leaders and experts out of the students. The university believes that exceptional research and outstanding teaching can have a great impact. The students of this university definitely make a difference because their skillsets are enhanced. The university focuses on work-integrated learning that will give the students enough knowledge of the subject they are choosing.
In addition to all this, the university inspires you to expand your horizons and offers you opportunities that will help you grow personally and professionally. Student groups, recreation activities, and volunteer programs also become helping hands in your personal growth.
The article is about the University of Manitoba, the courses that are offered by the college to international students, and the fee structure of the courses. It has all the information one needs to know when they are looking for information about the University of Manitoba, from rankings to the courses offered by the university to the fee structure. West Highlander brings you every piece of information related to the University of Manitoba, the courses offered, and the fee structure.
In the article-
- Requirements at the University of Manitoba
- Eligibility criteria at the University of Manitoba
- Undergraduate programs at the University of Manitoba
- Graduate programs at the University of Manitoba
- Eligibility criteria for the undergraduate programs at the University of Manitoba
- Eligibility criteria for the postgraduate programs at the University of Manitoba
Requirements at the University of Manitoba-
- The application fee is $120 for international students.
- English Language Proficiency Proof is required by the university for students whose native language is English.
- For undergraduate programs, the university asks for a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 bands with no less than 6 in each subject, a TOEFL score of 86 overall, and a PTE score of 61.
- For graduate programs, the graduate students ask for a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 bands with no less than 6 in each subject, a TOEFL score of 86 overall, and a PTE score of 61.
- Some programs also ask for GMAT and GRE scores.
Undergraduate Programs at the University of Manitoba-
The graduate programs at the university challenge you to use your maximum potential. A diverse range of undergraduate programs in Science, Health, Engineering, Business, Arts, Architecture, Agricultural and Food Sciences, Social Work, Music, kinesiology, and Recreation management are offered by the University of Manitoba. Some of them are:
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology is an undergraduate program that is offered by the University of Manitoba. The expected duration of this program is more than three years. The program deals with the study of the complexity of human beings. The past and present of human beings from a cultural and biological point of view. The program also addresses issues like global health, environmental change, human behaviour, and social inequality. The program will help to enhance skills like qualitative interviewing, quantitative methods, report writing, cross-cultural communication, and fieldwork. Some of the topics of this wide-ranging field of study are:
- Ancient technology
- Forensic anthropology
- Childhood and adolescence
- Skeletal growth, biology and development
- Gender and sexuality
- Hunter-gatherer societies
- Social justice and human rights
- Environmental politics, conflicts and governance
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science is another undergraduate program that is offered by the University of Manitoba, with options for Biological Sciences (Honours) with Co-op Option, Biological Sciences (Major) with Co-op Option, and Biological Sciences (Minor). The program is four years long. The program will help you enhance your knowledge of living organisms and study all aspects of life. The program will help you explore molecular processes and interactions inside cells and how large-scale ecological interactions between organisms in their environment shape these interactions. The program provides exceptional opportunities for learning and mentorship for all the students.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering is also a program that is offered by the University of Manitoba. It is a 4-5 year program. The program will help you develop innovative products and solutions by using computer systems, components, and software with applications. This program is accredited by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board, which provides a strong foundation for an exciting career. The program will help you acquire skills, the necessary experience to design, and knowledge of this field. The program includes courses like-
- Electronics and communications
- Software engineering
- Digital hardware
- Digital system design
- Bachelor of Arts in English is a program that is offered by the University of Manitoba. The duration of this program is more than three years. The program covers a range of periods, media, genres, and theoretical approaches. The program encourages the students to develop their own creative and interpretative skills.
- Bachelor of Kinesiology is another program that is offered by the University of Manitoba. This program offers you the opportunity to be a part of the expanding field of health, including chronic disease prevention, physical activity promotion, community wellness, sport performance, and sport and exercise science. The degree will help you in areas of health and well-being, sports and fitness, and sport science. The laboratories at the University are equipped with fully-equipped human performance laboratories.
- Juris Doctor Program is another program that is offered by the Faculty of Law at the University of Manitoba. It is a 3-year program that provides doctrinal and perspective courses to the students. The program is designed in such a way that it gives you practical experience to prepare students for the legal profession. The program helps students develop a strong foundation of doctrinal and perspective courses. It is a Juris Doctor degree. Clinical learning, research, and scholarly writing are two major components of this period. To be admitted to this program, you will need to write the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
- Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing is a 4-year degree course. The course will help you create wealthy career opportunities in areas like-
- Consumer goods
- Retail chains
- Garment manufacturing
- Agricultural products
- High tech, among many others
Graduate Programs at the University of Manitoba-
Graduate programs at the University of Manitoba are designed in a way that challenges the students and encourages them to expand their horizons. The university offers more than 98 masters programs and 51 doctoral programs. Here is a list of graduate programs that are offered at the University of Manitoba-
- PhD in Applied Sciences is a 4-year doctorate degree in philosophy in Applied Health sciences. The program aims to improve health using inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches. The course tends to create knowledge that is dedicated to improve health.
- Statement of intent
- Supervisor support letter
- Statement of funding
- Two letters of recommendation
- MSc in Computer Science is a 2-year long program. The course aims to advance applications used in all fields and disciplines. For students who are interested in this field, the curriculum will help them deepen their knowledge and gain targeted, cutting edge expertise through graduate study.
- Master of Business Administration is another graduate program that is offered by the University of Manitoba. The expected duration of this program is 1–6 years. The curriculum of this course is designed to fulfil market-driven needs. The program is flexible, adaptive, and instills leadership in students. The program consists of 30 credit hours of business fundamentals and strategy and a foundation in leadership, decision-making methods, and contemporary themes that inform decisions in today’s business world.
- PhD in Nursing is another program that promotes the development of outstanding scholars in emerging programs. It is a 4- 6-year long program that integrates areas of philosophy of science and knowledge. The policy research of the program acts a foundation to nurture heath researchers.
- MSc in Pharmacy is another 2-year program. The program will help you expand your horizons. It is research-based training in areas like pharmacology, pharmacoepidemiology, medical safety, and drug utilization. The program will prepare you for a career in the pharmaceutical industry, higher education, or public or private research institutions.
- Master in School Psychology is another master’s degree offered at the University of Manitoba. The program offers training in the principles and practices of school psychology. The graduates of this program go on to deliver psychological services within school and community settings. The program tends to provide intensive training in various theoretical perspectives on the development of positive mental well-being, the etiology and treatment of psychological disorders, assessments and measurement, and the implementation and evaluation of prevention and treatment programs.
- Master in Sociology is another 2-year program that is offered by the University of Manitoba. It trains students in core and substantive areas of the discipline and offers a wide range of specialization in-
- Global Sociology
- Criminology and Social Justice
- Culture and Social Relations
- Population Health and Wellness
- Power, Privilege and Resistance
- Social Policy and Social Change
The fees for the courses at the University of Manitoba is approximately $20,000-$28,000.