A complete guide for aspiring students to study in New Zealand

Universities and colleges in New Zealand are known for their excellent standard of quality. International students from across the world come to study in New Zealand. Study Abroad Consultants for New Zealand help students apply for admissions in their chosen university/ colleges and apply for their student visa to New Zealand with Immigration New Zealand.

There are 8 Universities in New Zealand and all of them have strong international ranking and a qualification earned in New Zealand is globally recognised. According to QS World University Ranking all universities are ranked among the world’s best. The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading research university, with many subjects ranked in the top 50 worldwide (QS 2014/15 rankings). Auckland University of Technology has 5 stars QS World University Ranking for internationalisation. Lincoln University is highly connected to industry teaching across three broad areas agriculture and life sciences; environment, society and design and commerce. Massey University is distinctive amongst New Zealand universities because of its ability to deliver research-led teaching and research training on three campuses in the cities of Auckland, Palmerston North, and Wellington. Victoria University of Wellington is ranked 1st in New Zealand for research quality. The University of Waikato is ranked in top 2 % worldwide. The University of Canterbury has an international reputation for academic excellence in both teaching and research. University of Otago’s 11 subjects are in the top 100 QS subject rankings. 2014 QS Subject Rankings

Study Options-International students can choose University, Polytechnic or private tertiary institutes to study in New Zealand depending on their choice of course and other factors like class size, Budget etc. Tuition fee depends on the choice of their course, college / university and duration of the course.

International students who go to New Zealand for doctoral / PhD studies pay the same fees as the domestic students which is a great advantage for them.

There are numerous benefits of study in New Zealand. You can study and live in a developed English Speaking country with low tuition fee and cost of living as compared to other countries like Canada, Australia.

New Zealand is a very safe country to live. It has a very low crime rate and is known as one of the best places to live in the world. It is a friendly multicultural society. One will come across students from different countries and you get to know about different cultures which are a great learning experience.

Work Rights-While on Student visa in New Zealand a student can work up to 20 hours per week if you are studying in a course for at least 2 years or in a course for a New Zealand qualification which gives you points under the Skilled Migrant Category or for a foundation programme for at least 1 academic year at level 4 or higher on the New Zealand Qualification Framework at an education provider in Canterbury.

As an international student on study visa in New Zealand you are allowed to work full time during holidays and scheduled breaks in study if you’re studying full-time for at least 1 academic year and your course is worth more than 120 credits
You can also work full time during the Christmas and New Year holiday period, if you’re studying full-time and your course is worth 120 credits or more.

If you’re studying Masters by research or any doctoral degree you can work as many hours as you wish.

Post Study Options-New Zealand has got a very attractive open post study work visa policy. On open Post Study Work Visa you can find a job relevant to the course you have completed while on a valid student visa. The duration for this visa is for 12 months, and during this time you can work for any employer. There is no need of a job offer to apply for open post study work visa.

While on open post study work visa you find a job relevant to your gained qualification and apply for Post study work visa employer assisted.

After you have found a job relevant to your qualification you can apply for post study work visa employer assisted. You are eligible to work for a particular employer for 2 years. After this you may become eligible to apply residence visa under points based skilled migrant category.

Family Members-As per the policy a person on a student visa to New Zealand can apply for visa for their spouse and children who can stay in New Zealand with the student. Depending on your level of course and of course your relationship period your spouse can apply for visitor visa or a work visa as a dependent of a student visa holder to New Zealand. If you have any school going kids they are eligible to get student visa based on you. The attractive point is that you do not need to pay international fees for your children.

Cost of Living in New Zealand is very affordable. As per Immigration New Zealand an international student is required to have 15000 NZD per year cost of living depending on the duration of their course for study in New Zealand. If the study course is less than 1 year one needs to have NZD 1250 per month as cost of living. Cost of living includes your accommodation cost, food, travel, entertainment, telephone, internet, power. The cost of living would also depend on your lifestyle and the city you choose to live in. Some areas are costly as compared to others. International students may get discounts by using their student ID’s at local stores and

If you would like to pursue your dream of study abroad in New Zealand and gain valuable work experience in a developed country or ultimately would like to settle there you need to approach an experienced study abroad New Zealand consultant who can , not only help you with your admission and student visa application but can also assist you with your open post study work visa application, employer assisted post study work application or your application for residence visa under Skilled Migrant Category.

As per the Immigration Adviser Authority New Zealand – any person who provides you with New Zealand immigration advice must be licensed by the Immigration Advisers Authority, unless they are exempt. This includes people providing New Zealand immigration advice from China, India or anywhere in the world.

Why West Highlander

Ms Parwinder Kaur, one of the key personnel of West Highlander is a Licensed immigration adviser licensed by Immigration Adviser Authority – IAA, New Zealand .

Firm foundation of counselling staff of study in New Zealand which helps students aspiring to study in New Zealand understands education system & its benefits.

Complete & in depth information about study options in New Zealand
Information about how to apply to study, and prepare for living in New Zealand
Information about tuition fees and cost of living in New Zealand
Increase your chance of admission success by applying through qualified and licensed consultant

  • No processing charges
  • Representatives of TOP Universities/Colleges in New Zealand
  • One to one counselling of students
  • One to one counselling of students
  • Complete admission services

West Highlander is the best consultant in Chandigarh making your process of study abroad a smooth and an easy experience.