Canada study abroad is wide prospective and has witnessed an influx of interested candidates who apply every year due to the leading global names for universities and colleges which have been popular choice of the students. Other than quality education various other factors have a role to play which have driven international students towards Canadian study abroad prospects. Firstly, one cannot deny the global exposure which is helpful for overall development of the personality and lucrative job opportunities once you are a Canadian degree holder.
Secondly, the numerous scholarships and the affordable tuition fee for top notch education is a win-win factor. Thirdly, the comfortable and secure environment and multicultural diverse community life with homely environment is helpful in blending easily in the country pattern quickly. Lastly, the most important factor being the friendly immigration policies and the opportunity of settlement and post graduate work permit are all in favor of welcoming international students.
With Canada study abroad program the main requirement and a major concern for students is IELTS or language proficiency examination which is an important prerequisite to apply for studying in Canada. There are numerous questions of students and under expert Canada education consultants in Chandigarh here are all the answers required to apply successfully for Canada study abroad program.
How can I study in Canada with IELTS 5.5 bands in one module?
Firstly it is possible to apply for Canada study program with IELTS 5.5 in one module. You don’t have to worry that you have not fulfilled the minimum requirement and your chances of Canada study program are over. It is certainly possible to apply for Canada study permit as long as your DLI provides you direct admission in a minimum 2-year study course.
To study in Canada in case you have IELTS 5.5 in one module your Canada educational consultants in Chandigarh would advise you to apply under the Non SDS category and fulfill the requirements for Non-SDS category.
What are the requirements to apply for Canada study abroad program?
To study in Canada you would be required to meet certain requirements to be eligible to study in Canada as following:
1. Your minimum educational qualification should be 12th grade undergraduate study to study in Canada with minimum of second division and higher if possible.
2. Language proficiency score which is your IELTS/PTE/TOEFL scores.
3. The minimum IELTS requirement for undergraduate program in Canada is 6 bands but there are numerous colleges and universities which accept students with IELTS 5.5 band in one module.
4. The minimum IELTS requirement for post graduate Canada study abroad program is 6.5.
5. You would also be required to get a GIC account.
6. A well drafted statement of purpose showing your reasons and intention to apply for Canada study permit are required.
7. To fulfill all these requirements it is wise to contact your best Canada education consultants in Chandigarh.
Are both IELTS general and academic acceptable for Canada study abroad program?
For students applying under SDS category both IELTS general and academic are acceptable as long as they meet the requirements of the SDS category.
What is SDS and Non-SDS category for Canada study visa?
SDS- Student Direct Stream is an effective and fast process for students planning to apply for Canada study permit. The requirements are as follow:
1. You need to have an IELTS test score of minimum 6 bands in each module.
2. Secondly, you would be required to deposit tuition fee for first year at your DLI after receiving letter of acceptance. Ensure your Canadian institute or university has a designate learning institution number.
3. Thirdly, you would be required to have a GIC of CAD $10,000.
Non-SDS– Now in case your IELTS score is not 6 in each band then you could apply under the NON SDS category. The requirements are as follow:
1. Funds for paying tuition fee for entire first year and proof of funds of successive payment plan for second year.
2. Letter of acceptance from your DLI.
3. GIC certificate for CAD $10,000 and upfront medical is required.
Which colleges and universities in Canada are accepting students with IELTS 5.5 ?
There is a choice of colleges and universities in Canada which admit students with IELTS 5.5:
1. Charles Sturt University
2. University of Alberta
3. Brock University
4. Camosun College
5. St. Clair College of Applied Art and Technology
6. Algonquin College
7. Lethbridge College
8. Canadore College
9. Concordia university
10. Niagara College
Under the Non-SDS category what is the processing time?
The processing time for Non-SDS is 60 days approximately. While for SDS the processing time is lower that is 20 days.
How can West Highlander assist?
1. At West Highlander we make certain that the student is guided keeping in view their choice, profile and background.
2. We assist them to choose the courses that match best with their career aspirations.
3. Over years our application success rate has been one of the highest. Our success rate rests on our highly personalized approach towards our clients.
4. We have in depth discussions with our clients and guide them with their questions to suggest them with the solutions best suited to their profiles. We have very healthy and open discussions with them regarding their career pathways, their background.
5. West Highlander is the best student visa consultant for Canada in.
6. We provide free profile assessment and make sure you are satisfied for your Canada study abroad program.