Last Updated on October 13, 2020 by West Highlander
Even with low IELTS score can I apply for Canada PR?
Canada has been welcoming immigrants with wide arms for the last few decades for permanent residency. With increase in occupations due to high rise of information technology and industrial capacities the need for skilled workers has been ever on the rise.
Now the questions arises how can a candidate with low IELTS score be considered for permanent residency in Canada.
The government of Canada and provincial governments have come up with numerous programs enabling express entry and providing ample opportunities for growth to candidates even with a low IELTS score.
Saskatchewan Provincial Nominee program
- The province of Saskatchewan offers numerous Canada PR options. Province of Saskatchewan with a growing industry for manufacturing, export and agriculture is becoming popular among aspirant looking for permanent residency option.
- Candidate who has desired skills under the skilled worker program as mentioned by the provincial government can apply for the SINP.
- Affordable education, vibrant culture and free medical care are few of the many reasons for permanent residency becoming a choice. Minimum IELTS required for SINP is 4.5. Along with IELTS a candidate would be required to score a minimum of 60 points over 100 in immigration point grid system.
Quebec Skilled worker program
- After Ontario, Quebec is the second widely populated province in Canada. Applicants who have desired skill experience can apply for Quebec skilled worker program. Similar to express entry, Quebec Skilled worker program required a candidate to apply for application process. Once being eligible for CSQ the candidate can apply for PR via IRCC.
- Candidate needs to ensure that they qualify under the training qualification AOT as mentioned by the provincial government. Further on the score system candidate could qualify with just 55 points over 100.
- The minimum IELTS requirement is CLB 5 which implies Listening-5, Reading-4, Writing-5 and Speaking 5 bands.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
- In case a candidate can fulfill the job shortage requirement as mentioned by the province of Alberta and possess the desired skills he/she is eligible for Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program under NOC list categories O, A, B, C, D or E.
- There are two gateways to apply for Alberta PNP program. Alberta opportunity stream and Alberta express entry are the two pathways for the same.
- The minimum IELTS requirement is 4.5.
Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) requires candidates who have recently graduated, skilled workers, businessmen or families which have ability to settle and establish themselves economical as Canada PR.
- To apply for MPNP skilled workers can apply for Canada PR via two streams. Firstly skilled workers in Manitoba for those who already are employed in the province. Secondly skilled workers overseas who have the desired skill sets.
- To be eligible for MPNP the candidate needs to have an IELTS score of 4.5. 4.5 IELTS score is admissible as long as the applicant has a familial connection in the province and relatives who can provide sponsorship.
In a nutshell, it can be said that even with a low IELTS score a candidate has ample opportunities to apply for permanent residency in Canada. Under the right guidance of a licensed immigration agent one can ensure Canada PR in no time.