Steps to send your educational documents to ECA for Canada PR
Educational documents are one of the basic requirements for your Canada PR application. To ensure that your educational qualifications match the Canadian education system it is necessary to apply for Educational Credential Assessment.
This ensures that you can claim points for your qualification in either of the programs that you have applied for under qualification criteria whether it is Express Entry or Provincial Nominee Program.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1 Apply for Educational Qualification Certificate under designated authority
There are various organizations which provide ECA and you should check which organization can provide you certificate for your qualification.
- International Qualifications Assessment Services
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- World Education Services
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- For doctors Medical council of Canada provides ECA report
- For pharmacists Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada provides ECA report
Step 2 Apply to organization online and pay fee
Once you fill the application form and pay fee you will receive a reference number which you need to keep safe with you.
Step 3 Arrange for your attested documents to be sent to ECA authority
- As each country as different education system therefore you should always check what are the documents required from your country.
- This would usually include:
- Transcripts of courses attended
- Mark sheets
- You can take your reference number for ECA and ask the university under which your college was affiliated or university (if you were directly studying in one) to send copies of your documents to the ECA authority.
- The university would send in sealed copies with your reference number on top to the particular ECA authority.
Step 4 Processing of your ECA application
- You can check the status of your ECA application by logging in to your profile.
- The processing time varies for different organization
- Once your application is assessed and you will receive your ECA report on your registered mail ID and the same would be sent to immigration authorities directly by ECA authorities.
So, in a nutshell it can be said that ECA is a crucial part to process your application process under Canada PR programs.
In case you need assistance in the same you can always contact experienced Canada immigration consultants who can guide you through the entire process. West Highlander is a pioneer in best Canada immigration consultants. Whether you wish to get your profile assessed for a Canada PR program or have a query regarding PR application you can always contact our licensed immigration consultants for the same.