Main requirements for Federal Skilled Worker Program under Canada Express entry
The objective of federal skilled worker program is to help skilled workers who wish to immigrate to Canada. It also aims at closing the gap in the labor market in the country. Good health facilities, free education and quality of life in Canada are few of the many reasons to apply for Canada PR.
Here are the three requirements for Federal Skilled Worker Program under Express entry:
- Skilled Work Experience
- You need to have a work experience of at least 1 year of continuous work or 1560 hours. In case you have part time job for 15 hours per week you are still eligible for the program.
- The skilled work experience should qualify under the Canadian National Occupation list level O, A or B for the program in express entry.
Skill Type O- Managerial Jobs
Skill Type A- Professional Jobs
Skill Type B- Technical and Skilled trades
- Language Ability
- An IELTS score of 6 in each skill of reading, writing, speaking and listening or CLB 7 can make you eligible for the program.
- A good score of IELTS 7 or above can be bonus for applicants for the express entry pool but is not mandatory.
- An additional knowledge of French is beneficial but not mandatory.
- A secondary/higher secondary education is must to apply for the program for Canada PR.
- You would need to get the education assessed under the Educational Credential Assessment which is a simple procedure. It would take around 35-40 days for WES to process once complete documentation is received. The charges are CAD 220 for processing.
Additionally, sufficient funding and admissibility to Canada are required to ensure you qualify for the program.
Once the minimum requirements are met your application would be assessed under the following categories:
- Work experience
- Language skills
- Job offer (if any)
These factors would combine a score of 100. You would just need current passing score of 67 to be eligible to be placed under the express pool for federal skilled worker program.
To understand the requirements and apply for federal skilled worker program for express entry without hassle it is best to consult an expert licensed immigration agent. West Highlander established since 2005 have experienced professionals who can efficiently guide you for your Canada PR requirements.