ECA Education credential assessment for Canada by experts of Canada PR
Canada is one of the immigrant friendly countries. It has got many immigration programs under which Canada PR aspirants can apply for permanent settlement.
In order to be eligible to apply for Canada permanent residency under express entry category or under Provincial Nominee Program- PNP applicants need to have their qualification assessed to prove the equivalency to Canadian qualifications.
For this the Canada permanent residency aspirants need to have ECA – Education Credential Assessment for Canada.
Some of the common queries about ECA which the applicants for Canada permanent residency may have are answered below:
What is ECA Canada?
ECA is a process by which the equivalency of your foreign qualification is compared with Canadian qualification. To claim points for education for your Canada PR application ECA report is a must.
Which organisations are responsible for issuing ECA report?
Following organisations are authorised by CIC to issue ECA reports
- World education services
- International qualifications assessment services
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- For doctors medical council of Canada must do your ECA report
- For pharmacists Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada must issue your ECA report
What is the validity of ECA Canada?
The validity of your Education credential assessment report – ECA is for five years from the date of issue.
Which qualifications need to be assessed under ECA- Education credential assessment for Canada PR?
You need to have ECA report for the qualification you are claiming points for. For example if you are a graduate you need to have ECA report for your Bachelors.
Is ECA required for spouse qualification also?
If you are claiming points for your spouse qualification in your Canada permanent residency application then you need ECA report for your spouse also. If you are not claiming points then it is not required.
What is the process of ECA Canada with- WES World Education Services?
The process is as follows
- Fill the online application form and pay the required fees
- Get the WES reference number
- Arrange for University issued and attested statement of marks in sealed envelope by the university
- Ask the university to directly post the statement of marks to WES- World education services in Canada
- Make sure that you put the WES reference number on the sealed envelop
- WES Canada receives your transcripts and processes your ECA report
What s the processing time?
It is about 35 to 40 business days once complete documentation is received by WES- World education services Canada
What is the fee for ECA Canada?
- CAD 220 processing fee
- Standard delivery charges of $10
- For traceable international courier per address $85
Can I seek assistance for application process?
One should opt for a licensed immigration consultant in order to expedite and apply through a smooth pathway.