Last Updated on April 20, 2021 by West Highlander
University of Otago
Duration: 1 Year
*Fee: NZ$26,634.00 (12, 11,000) per year
This Diploma loads the students of this qualification with the knowledge of Second Language Teaching with the theories and knowledge of the Linguistics. This is a program of only two semesters which is recognised internationally as a complementary Professional Program for study.
Designed for the following group of students:
- Language Teacher in Schools/Colleges
- Registered Teachers planning to Work Overseas
- Language Teachers of English Language as Second Language Teacher
- Tertiary Education Staff appointed for Teaching the Foreign Language
Paper 1 Language and Its Structure
Paper 2 Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
Paper 3 Advanced Topic in TESOL
The students who’ve completed their +2 are eligible to apply for Graduate Diploma in Second Language Teaching at University of Otago in New Zealand.
English Proficiency Score
- IELTS score of 6.5 not less than 6.0
- TOEFL Score (iBT) – 95 with a minimum writing score of 22
- TOEFL Score (pBT) – 587 (TWE 4.5); Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) – Minimum score of 176
- PTE Academic – Overall score of 64 with no communicative skills score below 57
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.