Leading German Scholarships for Indian Students
Germany is one of the most sought after countries as excellent academic providers. Each year thousands of students have been observed to apply for German study abroad programs due to the advantage of zero to minimal tuition cost. The free education policy along with good standard of living that is you could work while earning is a win-win situation for international students. To top it all if you bag a German scholarship there is nothing like it.
Here are some leading scholarship programs for you:
- DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) is a joint organization of higher education institutions of Germany.
- Also known as German Academic Exchange service it is actively responsible for promoting international academic ties.
- In case you have completed your bachelor’s degree and planning to go ahead with Masters or if you are a Masters student planning on taking research full time DAAD scholarship is awarded.
- Ensure that your Bachelor’s degree is completed not more than in last 6 years and also you have 2 years of work experience.
- As a post graduate student you would get DAAD scholarship of 850€ and 1,200€ monthly as a doctoral student.
Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students
- Heinrich Böll Foundation annually announces 1200 scholarships for programs in Germany which include Bachelors, Masters and PhD programs.
- The scholarships to Indian and other International students are given by the set guidelines issued by German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
- In case you are an International student planning to take Bachelors, Masters or PhD program in Germany then you would be eligible for this scholarship.
- The scholarship opens twice every year in March and in September.
- Eligible students for the scholarship receive € 750 per month for Masters Program and € 1000 per month for the Doctoral program.
- The scholarship is awarded for 2 years time period and extension options are open as per meritorious record.
Deutschland Stipendium National Scholarship Program
- The Deutschlands stipendium aims to provide financial support to young ambitious and academically brilliant students from all corners of the world.
- The support to international students is provided to all the participating universities in Germany.
- The scholarship is a public-private collaboration where businesses, foundations or individual sponsor students with an amount of 150€ per month while the Federal Government tops another 150€ to the amount.
- As the amount is awarded by the universities students would be required to meet the requirements set by the German Universities.
- The scholarship award is provided for 2 semesters however it may be valid for the time covered through standard period of study.
- Further extension of scholarship is solely based on university review and scholarship criteria for assessing private funding.
- You would also have the benefit of mentoring programs, networking events and internships.
- In case you have keen interest in politics with an above average academic achievement then you are certainly eligible to apply for Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship.
- The scholarship aids in promoting students who have completed their undergraduate studies in their native country and plan on pursing master’s and doctoral degrees or a research programme.
- Priority is given to candidates planning to taken on a doctoral or research programme and are from developing or are from a country undergoing a political transformation.
- The benefits for master’s students include a stipend of 850€ monthly for two years.
- Doctoral candidates and research candidates receive a monthly amount of 1,100€ for three years.
- There is a possibility of tuition fees reimbursement up to 500€ per semester (only courses related to the study/doctoral project).
- Another goal of the scholarship is to ensure intercultural dialogue and networks are promoted so as to develop relations between home countries and German Federal Republic.
Erasmus Scholarship Programs in Germany
- For international students planning to opt for a full time study program in Germany Erasmus is another choice.
- Erasmus offers financial assistance for a exchange period of one year for Indian students at various universities in Germany. It is funded by member states of European Union.
- For being eligible for the scholarship it is required that you be enrolled in a higher education institute both in your native country and German University. Further, German University must have signed the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education.
- It would be of interest to you to know that major universities in EU have participated in the Erasmus Scheme and their programmes are funded by Erasmus Mundus and Erasmus scholarships.
- Benefits include grant that covers enrollment, travel and basic living cost.
So, the bottom line being that for study abroad Germany there are numerous government funded programmes and scholarships which can be a beneficial option for young Indian talents as hardly any tuition cost to a bonus of scholarship plus the exposure of an entirely new culture can offer you overall development.
West Highlander are experienced and trendsetters in Germany study abroad immigration services. In case you are looking to know your options for Germany study abroad or planning for PR immigration West Highlander is best immigration consultancy in Chandigarh for all your needs. Our licensed immigration officers are actively involved in making your dream a success story.