Students wishing to study in New Zealand can choose from hundreds of course options available. In New Zealand the courses are divided into different levels and the students choose a course at a level appropriate to their current qualification. This blog is about the level 7 courses in New Zealand which the students may opt for after graduation. These courses are called graduate diplomas which are level 7 of NZQF and are of generally one year in duration.
This blog covers
- Importance of choosing a relevant course
- Level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
- Eligibility requirements for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
- Tuition fees for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
- Intakes for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
- Best colleges and universities for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
Importance of choosing a relevant course
Applicants may choose from various Level 7 courses for their study in New Zealand. While selecting course applicants must keep in mind the program they finalise to pursue in New Zealand must be a logical progression of their previous academic history ad work experience they may have. This is very important as this is one of factors on which the success of your New Zealand study visa depends. If the case officer is not satisfied that the proposed course is relevant then there are chances that your application may be refused. Applicants can contact the best and experienced New Zealand student visa consultant who can guide you about the course selection as per your current profile
Level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
Graduate certificates are courses at level 7 of NZQF and are generally of one year in duration. International applicants may choose to do a course from below options depending on their profile
- Graduate Diploma in Information & Communications Technology (ICT)
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Business Information System
- Graduate Diploma in Health and Rehabilitation Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Infection Risk Management
- Graduate Diploma in Tourism Innovation
- Graduate Diploma Accounting or professional accounting
- Graduate diploma in Human resource management
- Graduate diploma in Operations and production management
- Graduate Diploma in Sales and marketing
- Graduate diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Construction project management
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in design innovation
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic management
- Graduate Diploma in engineering technology
- Graduate Diploma in sports and exercise science
- Graduate Diploma in Information technology in education
- Graduate diploma in recreation management
- Graduate Diploma in teaching
- Graduate Diploma in creativity- digital media
- Graduate diploma in cyber security
- Graduate diploma in applied business management
- Graduate diploma in Tourism management
- Graduate diploma in Hospitality management
- Graduate diploma in Viticulture science
- Graduate diploma in Information technology
- Graduate diploma in Fashion design and technology
- Graduate Diploma in Applied management
Eligibility requirements for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
International students need to meet some eligibility requirements to get admission in the program of their choice. These entry requirements are broadly categorised into academic requirements and English language requirements.
Students need to have a Bachelors degree. 3 years of Bachelors program is accepted to get admission into a Graduate certificate at level of NZQF that is New Zealand Qualification Framework. Applicants must also have good percentage of marks in their graduation. At least 55 % of mark may be required. Students must also note that these requirements may vary depending on the stream of the level 7 course in New Zealand as well as the university or college you may wish to study in New Zealand. Hence the students are encouraged to check with the education provider with the exact course requirements. Your study in New Zealand consultant may help you with understanding the eligibility requirements of level 7 courses in New Zealand.
English language requirements
International applicants also need to meet English language requirements. They need to provide the evidence of their English language ability which could help them o successfully complete their course of study. They can do this by providing IELTS test score or a PTE test score. Students may get admission in a Graduate diploma at level 7 with overall band score of 6 or an equivalent score in a PTE test.
The students must note that the English language requirements may be higher for level 7 graduate certificate courses in New Zealand. Some course like a graduate diploma in teaching requires IELTS with band score of 7 each. Students must check for the exact English language requirements with their New Zealand study visa consultant.
Tuition fees for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
Students may get a Graduate Diploma at level 7 course starting from New Zealand dollars 18000. The fee may vary depending on the stream of the program as well as the college or university offering your proposed course in New Zealand.
Intakes for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
The students may find intakes in New Zealand frequently. The major intakes in New Zealand are July and February but the students may find a course staring form other intakes also.
Best Colleges and universities for level 7 courses in New Zealand after graduation
International applicants may find level 7 courses in New Zealand at graduate diploma level in most of the tertiary education providers. Some of them are
- EIT Eastern Institute of Technology
- Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
- ICL Graduate Business School
- SIT- Southern institute of technology