Last Updated on April 27, 2021 by West Highlander
Duration: 2 years
Intake: January, March, May, July, August, October
*Fee: $18,720 (per year) approx
This diploma provides you all the essential skill-set, theoretical knowledge, and correct aptitude which is required to work as quantity surveying on any residential or commercial projects from its foundation to its completion under the supervision of some veteran in this area.
Students will manage to do everything that is essential to work in this industry.
Quantity Surveying strand will enable students to:
Examining and presenting feasibility information and preliminary estimates to clients, assembling quantity surveying documentation related to trade sections and measuring a schedule of quantities for a small building of an individual trade section including services and gathering all information required to submit for tender of medium and large buildings using tender process knowledge.
The students will be studying following subjects in this diploma:
Compulsory Courses – Year 1
- Construction Industry Environment
- Materials and Structural Principles
- Environmental Impact
- Building Services
- Construction for Small Buildings
- Estimation for Small Buildings
- Professional Practice for the Construction Industry
Construction Management Strand – Year 1
- Site Safety and Quality Assurance Planning for Construction
Quantity Surveying Strand – Year 1
- Measurement for Small Buildings
Compulsory Courses – Year 2
- Construction for Medium and Large Buildings
- Financial Administration of Construction Contracts
- Programming for Medium Buildings
- Construction Industry Procurement
Construction Management Strand – Year 2
- Site Survey Preparation and Analysis
- Site Management
- Method Statements for Medium Buildings
- Planning Construction for Medium Buildings
Quantity Surveying Strand – Year 2
- Estimation for Medium and Large Buildings
- Cost Planning
- Measurement for Medium and Large Buildings
- Measurement for Buildings, Services and Civil Works
Students who have done their 10+2 with mathematics.
English Proficiency Score
- IELTS score of 6.0 with not less than 5.5 in each.
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of 60 (with a writing score of 20
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.