Duration: 1 year
*Fee: NZ$18,720.00per year
NorthTec’s advanced Diploma in Cookery prepares you for the senior position of chef in which you learn about producing the dishes professionally.
The students will be studying the following courses:
- Staffing Strategies and Performance Targets
- Workflow and Supply Planning Management
- Managing Operating Procedures
- A la Carte Menus
- Special Event Menus
- Degustation Menus
- Buffet Menus
- Off-site Catering
All this courses will train the students for selecting and applying different strategies to meet the targets; planning and monitoring the flow of work and the supplies required in the kitchen; managing related operational procedure and compliance requirements, managing the staff. Moreover, you’ll become expert in producing broad range of poultry, fish, and meat, larder dishes by using advanced preparing, cooking and presenting skills. And you’ll also look after the menu as well.
The students who’ve completed their 10+2 may apply for New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5) at NorthTec.
English Proficiency Score
- IELTS test: General or Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT): Score of 530 (with an essay score of 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT): Score of 46 (with a writing score of 20
- PTE (Academic) score of 42
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.