Last Updated on April 28, 2021 by West Highlander
Southern Institute of Technology
Campus: Invercargill, Queenstown
Duration: 1 year
Intake: March, May July, August, October, December
*Fee: NZ$14,000.00 per year
SIT has designed this diploma for the candidates who want to work at senior positions in hotels, tourism or any related tourist industry. The following are the subjects that students will be studying during their Diploma:
- Introduction to Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Business Communications (15 credits)
- Tourism and Hospitality Studies I (15 credits)
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality marketing (15 credits)
- Introduction to Tourism and Hospitality Management (15 credits)
- Financial Analysis for Tourism and Hospitality (15 credits)
- Hotel Operations (15 credits)
- Tourism and Hospitality Sales and Promotion (15 credits)
The students are needed to complete 120 credit points.
The students who have completed their 10+2 may go for Diploma in Tourism and Travel Level 5 at SIT.
English Proficiency Score
- ELTS test – Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) – Score of 550 (with an essay score 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet- based test (iBT) – Score of 46 (with a writing score of 20)
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PTE (Academic score of 42)
The courses provided on the West Highlander website are for information purpose only. The above information can change with the period of time. We are not responsible for any of the change in the fee or any other information.