Last Updated on April 30, 2019 by West Highlander
Hotel and Tourism – Hotel and Tourism is a dynamic and vast industry, allowing ample opportunities for creativity, innovation and individual development. Canada’s Hotel and Tourism Industry is nourished with a unique blend of culture and diversity making it an attraction among the tourists of the world. The major hotspots for tourism are Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa. The average annual salary in Canada is about $45,000 which is 1.4 times higher than the median salary in the country.
Study Abroad Aspirants – The international students who aim to gain expertise in the field of Hotel and Tourism can learn and experience in Canada’s highly qualitative education environment. The educational institutions in Canada are recognized all over the world owing to practical orientation in teaching, timely revised curriculum, interactive and congenial atmosphere, individual attention and best infrastructural facilities. The students who come to study in Canada will have unique opportunity to earn and learn in the real work environment.
Study Options to study in Canada include –
- Durham College – There is highly qualified faculty which has industry links that helps students learn concurrent changes in the industry and gain internship opportunities. The program provided is Hospitality – Hotel and Restaurant Operations Management.
- College of the Rockies – The College offers programs such as Adventure Tourism Business Operations, Hospitality Management, Tourism Management, Recreation Management, Mountain Adventure Skills Training, etc. The study programs are decisively designed to impart thorough understanding of the tourism sphere. Settled in British Columbia, there is plethora of opportunities for students to gain hands-on experience.
- Thompson River University – The University is highly regarded and offers distinguished infrastructural facilities. There is special emphasis on personal development of the student and extra opportunities for foreign students. The students are required to apply for a Letter of Permission to study there. The programs offered are Bachelor of Tourism Management and Event Management Certificate.
- Selkirk College – The College provides for many graduate and post graduate level programs such as Cook Training Professional, Culinary Management, Golf Club Operations, Post Graduate Diploma in Culinary Management, Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management, Resort and Hotel Management, Ski Resort Operations and Management. There is a vast range of courses to choose from for the students.
- Capilano University – The renowned university has earned many accolades for result oriented study programs and is highly sought after among students. It offers courses in PG Diploma in Tourism Marketing and Development, Bachelor of Tourism Management, Tourism and Outdoor Recreation program, etc.
- Okanagan College – The College offers programs from trades to technical certificates and also university transfer programs. It has four campuses and provides certificate program in tourism.
Above said are the few educational institutions that cater to the study abroad students requirements, apart from these, there are many other institutions such as Humber College, Centennial College, Sheridan College, etc. If you require extensive knowledge regarding study in Canada and career in Canada, you can contact study abroad experts at West Highlander.