Top 10 Canadian Universities for Engineering
Every year thousands of students are observed to be moving overseas specifically to the Great White North or Canada, to pursue their dreams of academics and prosperous future. Canada offers wide number of universities and colleges which rank among the global academia leaders providing quality education. With low tuition cost and better standard of living study abroad specifically in Canada is highly lucrative option for students.
Once you have graduated from a recognized university or college the world is in your reach as Canadian education is highly recognized throughout the globe and offers employable opportunities.
Here are top 10 Canadian Universities offering engineering and technology courses and a lot more to you:
Rank #10 University of Calgary
- University of Calgary is situated in the province of Alberta of the city Calgary. It is popularly called Engineering Capital of Canada.
- The school of engineering at University of Calgary offers 9 undergraduate courses and 10 programs in graduate for engineering.
- The most popular subjects of choice are Chemical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Mechatronics engineering, Biomedical Engineering and a lot more.
- The University focuses on inviting international talents and students and is very popular among students.
- The school also offers large internship programs which are one of a kind in Western Canada.
Rank #9 The University of Western Ontario
- The University of Western Ontario (UWO) popularly known as Western University is located in the province of Ontario, City London.
- The University of Western Ontario is one of the leading universities in research in fields such as wind engineering, health sciences, neuroscience and a lot.
- The University of Western Ontario offers 43 programs under faculty of engineering in total with an accelerated Master’s Program.
- This is beneficial to foreign student who can complete their master’s degree in just one year post completion of graduation.
Rank #8 McMaster University
- As per QS ranking McMaster University situated in the province of Ontario, City Hamilton is ranked 8th on the study destination choices for engineering and technology.
- McMaster’s Faculty of Engineering is widely popular and the school of engineering and applied sciences is comprised of seven core departments offering engineering courses.
- The innovative curriculum framework and award winning professors are the reason why one chooses McMaster.
- Faculty of Engineering at McMaster has two schools-School of Engineering of Engineering Practice and Technology and The McMaster School of Biomedical Engineering.
- Both the schools focus on research, student oriented learning to aid pathway of further career growth.
Rank #7 Queen’s university
- Queen’s University is one of the touchstones in public research universities in Canada.
- Founded in the year 1841 it is located in the city of Kingston in the province of Ontario.
- The school is popular for its quaint architecture along with a lively atmosphere for students and remarkable research and programming opportunities.
- The faculty of Engineering and Applied Sciences in Queen’s University has resulted in 94 percent employment rate for engineering graduates of Queen’s University in just 2 years of graduation.
- The university is highly popular for attracting international students from more than 100 countries and makes up for almost 1/4th of the graduate student’s community at Queen’s University.
Rank #6 University of Montreal
- The university of Montreal or frequently known as UdeM is situated in the city of Montreal in French dominated province of Quebec.
- The university offers more than 500 undergraduate and graduate programs for International students.
- UdeM’s Polytechnique Montreal or Engineering School offers courses such as chemical engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, mechanical engineering and a lot more.
- More than two thousand international students attend the school and have been benefited from world class education and internship avenues.
- The Université de Montréal, or UdeM for short, is located in the popular student city of Montreal in the French-speaking province of Quebec. The university offers French-speaking international students more than 650 undergraduate and graduate programs.
Rank #5 University of Alberta
- University of Alberta is situated in Edmonton and offers more than 400 programs in total of 18 faculties or streams.
- The faculty of Engineering has 1500 graduate students and 4400 undergraduate academicians.
- The 21 engineering programs along with second largest Co-op Engineering program are one of the many reason for it attracting 20 per cent undergraduate population and 40 per cent of graduate student .
Rank #4 McGill University
- McGill is one of the top universities in Quebec offering learning pathways in English.
- It has secured place among the top Canadian Universities.
- The university ranks among the top 5 Canadian Universities for medical and doctoral universities.
- The engineering faculty at McGill offers more than 20 courses in undergraduate, graduate and diploma study areas to International students.
- At McGill University research is given a lot of importance and academicians are encourage to have hands-on experience and participate in co-op placements and internship programs.
- Innovation and entrepreneurship is one of the goals on the faculty of engineering at McGill.
Rank #3 University of Waterloo
- University of Waterloo is among top 50 engineering schools globally and is ranked 3rd by QS.
- It is popular for being the largest engineering school in Canada with high enrollment rate of students.
- The university aims at research programs and has several international partners.
- Many co-op programs with in-class education undergraduate students can benefit by two years of paid work experience prior to graduation.
- Other than this graduate students can partner up with local businesses to develop projects and students have access to largest student design in North America.
Rank #2 University of British Columbia
- UBC or University of British Columbia is known for both research and teaching with a wide global reach.
- UBC has made its place among 40 best universities in the world and is second on QS ranking.
- It also is popular for maximum percentage of international students from 162 countries globally.
- Faculty of Applied Sciences offers more than 20 specializations in undergraduate and graduate level academic courses.
- It further offers courses for professionals from industry looking to excel in their experience as well planning to get on with research programs.
- The research is core of the university and has brought it spotlight in areas such as advanced manufacturing, digital technology, clean energy and more.
Rank #1 University of Toronto
- The rank 1 is bagged by University of Toronto and is the most reputable university in Canada.
- The faculty of Applied Sciences and Engineering at University of Toronto is wide and has more than 10,000 students spread across 16 campus all over the province of Ontario.
- The programs offering here range from chemical engineering, computer engineering, electrical engineering, industrial engineering, material engineering, mechanical engineering, mineral engineering, aerospace engineering, biomedical engineering and others.
- There are several collaborative programs and research opportunities for the young talented minds at graduate level at University of Toronto.
West Highlander established in the year 2005 are pioneers in Canadian study abroad services and immigration opportunities for students and Canada PR applicants. Whether you are looking for opportunities to study abroad or Canada PR programs our licensed Canada immigration consultants can guide you towards success. For best Canada immigration consultants to assess your profiles for most suitable programs and quick results contact West Highlander.