UK has been one of the preferred study abroad destinations among international students since long. It has got some of the best universities in the world. A qualification from a UK university increases the value of your resume.
The UK education system is one of the best globally. The students get to learn in universities in UK which regularly rank among top institutions in the world. There are lots of options for international students to study in UK
One of the query study in UK aspirants have is about UK PR after study.
How to apply for UK PR after study?
If your goal is to settle in the UK after completing your program of study you must be clear about the steps for the same. You need to successfully pass through one step to move further towards next step. Any unsuccessful step may lead difficulty and complication with your application for indefinite leave to remain in UK
Below is the stepwise information about the process of getting UK PR after study. Students must understand each and every step carefully
- Decide a course you wish to study in UK- choose a relevant course
- Select a university. Choose a university licensed to sponsor international students
- Complete university admission requirements for Study in UK
- Send admission application for offer letter with selected university in the UK
- On getting offer letter pay the tuition fee of the university
- Apply for CAS- confirmation of acceptance of study with the selected university
- Prepare UK Study visa documentation thoroughly. Be very careful about the amount of funds required to support your UK student visa application
- Apply for UK Study visa- TIER 4 UK student visa with UK embassy at the place of your residence.
- Get a decision of your UK Student visa
- Join your course in the UK university
- Complete your course successfully in the UK
- Get Post study work visa of UK of 2 years through graduate route
- Find a job on list of eligible occupations with a UK employer approved by home office
- Transfer to skilled worker visa UK
- Live and work in the UK for 5 years
- Apply for UK PR
Above are the steps UK Student visa aspirants need to follow if they desire to settle in UK permanently. Students must take care that they must maintain their continuous residence in the UK if they wish to get UK PR after study.
Eligibility requirements to apply for UK PR after study
1st Requirement you are currently on skilled worker visa
To apply for indefinite leave to remain in UK you must be on a skilled worker visa. This is the first requirement to apply for permanent settlement in the UK.
2nd Requirement Continuous residence
It is one of the mandatory conditions to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK. In any 12 months applicants must not have spent more than 180 days outside of UK.
3rd Requirement you have a job offer
You must also have a job offer. You must prove that your sponsor- your employer needs you on the job
4th Requirement Meet Salary requirements
Only having a job may not fulfil the requirement. You must also meet salary requirements. £25,600 per year is the current requirement the applicants need to fulfil. There may be some exception for some professions. Applicants need to check the current salary requirements when they apply for leave to remain indefinitely in the UK.
5th requirement- Life in the UK Test
This is mandatory test for applicants aged between 18 years to 60 years of age wishing to apply for indefinite leave to remain in UK. This test covers the British traditions and customs
West Highlander- Experienced and trusted study in UK consultant
One needs to present his admission and visa application carefully to get offer of a place- CAS letter and then visa for study in UK. West Highlander is the best study visa consultant for UK in Chandigarh. We are Education UK certified Counsellor and ICEF Trained Agent Counsellor and member of NASFA. We are also an ICEF Accredited Agency. We have till date helped hundreds of students fulfil their dream of study in UK