Attaining education at a study abroad destination has become a trend these days. While analysing the scenario of education of various countries, Canada seems to be the best option owing to its qualitative education, research facilities, friendly environment, prospective career possibilities, comparatively lower expenditure and much more. To gain a Canadian Student Visa, the international students are required to fulfil a whole set of obligations.
Canada Student Visa requirements –
- Valid passport – The international students are required to have a valid passport to travel to Canada for study purpose. The passport should be valid for the duration of the course that the student has proposed to study in Canada.
- IELTS/PTE – The Indian students are required to acquire English language ability through IELTS or PTE or TOEFL test. Canada’s official languages are English and French and to appropriately communicate while studying in Canada, international students should be fluent in English while communicative ability in French language is an add-on. The minimum score requirement for undergraduate course is 6 Band in IELTS and for postgraduate course, it is 6.5 Band.
- Letter of Acceptance from educational institution – The international students are required to enrol themselves in DLI (Designated Learning Institutions) universities or colleges and acquire Offer Letter from them which is a confirmation from them that they have accepted the student.
- Academic Transcripts – The study abroad aspirants are required to obtain academic transcripts for their matriculation, senior secondary and graduation/diploma qualification, if done. The student must have scored a minimum of second division in the qualifications to pursue further study in Canada.
- Work Experience – If student has completed study in the home country and is working, then valid employment proofs like appointment letter, bank salary statement, experience letter, etc. are required.
- Financial requirement – The international students are required to prove that they have adequate funds to meet the tuition and living cost in Canada for the expected duration of your stay in Canada. To meet the living expense, the students are required to open GIC Account and deposit $10,000 in that account. If any of the family member accompanies student to Canada, then they should have enough money to pay for their expense as well and for both of their return journey to home country.
- No Criminal record – It is mandatory to provide honest information about your criminal record so as to not harm the security of Canada. You may also be obliged to provide police certificate.
- Medical exam – The international student are required to undergo medical examination with an empanelled doctor who will send the medical report directly to the CIC. It is required to prove that student is of sound physical and mental condition. The process of medical examination often takes a little longer, so it is advisable to initiate the process in time.
- Passport size photographs – The students are required to add 2 passport size photographs in their Canada student visa file. The photographs should have no facial expressions and have a white background.
- Statement of Purpose – It is a statement to be written by the student mentioning his reasons for opting to study in Canada, choosing the particular course and institution, future career plans, reasons for leaving the home country, academic and non-academic achievements and any other information student finds relevant to share with the Visa officer. This statement should be written diligently as it sometimes raises the chances of Canada student visa approval.
These are the requirements to be fulfilled to lodge the visa file in the embassy and after file lodgement, it is the sole decision of visa authorities to whether grant visa or not. The whole process can take from few weeks to few months time. There are generally three intakes in Canada – May, January and September and students can apply to study in any intake as per their time convenience. If you want to gain more knowledge about study abroad, you can consult West Highlander. West Highlander Consultancy has 13 years of experience and expertise in performing Canada student visa process. Contact No. – 9915999677, 9915999766.