New Zealand homes best educational institutions for post secondary study at graduate, master’s and doctoral level. At postgraduate level, students can opt for PG Diploma course, master’s course, PG Certificate course and graduate diploma course. The students who have completed Bachelor’s level education from a recognized institution or equivalent diploma or certificate course are eligible to apply for PG level study in New Zealand.
Admission requirements include –
- Relevant graduation course – The chosen PG course must be related to the bachelor’s education. Different colleges/universities have different admission criteria; some universities accept diploma and certificate courses while others do not. So, you have to check at your chosen university website whether it recognizes your previous education or not.
- Work Experience – For admission into Master of Business Administration, Accounting and Finance courses, the institutions require students to have attained a significant work experience.
- Statement of Purpose, Letter of Recommendation and Curriculum Vitae – These documents are required for master’s courses so as to understand level of intellect, academic achievements and potential in the student to pursue the applied course. Apart from these, students are required to submit proofs of work experience and co-curriculars, if any.
- English Language Proficiency – To study in New Zealand, international students are required to undergo IELTS, TOEFL, etc. (English Language proficiency Tests) to prove their communication ability. The minimum IELTS score for Master’s level education is 6 overall Band, not less than 5.5 in any section.
- Academic Transcripts – The study abroad aspirants are required to submit academic transcripts of matriculation, senior secondary, graduation, and of any other course student has done.
Diverse facilities extended to international students include –
- Excellent learning opportunities
- Student care
- Safe and stable economy
- Internship opportunities
- Post study work permit advantage
- Multicultural environment
- Personality development
- Research oriented learning
- Promotes innovation and creative thinking
- Distinguished infrastructural facilities
Among various study abroad destinations, New Zealand is the most sought after option and provides exemplary opportunities and challenges to students to learn, earn and grow. If you are also planning to study abroad and particularly, study in New Zealand, then you can contact expert career counselors in the region – West Highlander Career Consultancy. West Highlander is a signatory of pastoral care for international students; hence welfare of student is very important to us. We offer transparent and unbiased guidance to students. Ms. Parwinder Kaur, a key person at West Highlander, is a licensed Immigration Adviser by IAA since 2010. Please feel free to contact us for free and grab up to date information regarding study in New Zealand.