Can I apply for Canada PR as an entertainer?
Whether you are a musician, singer, dancer, writer, journalist, graphic designer or audio video technician there are ample number of options for artists to be selected for permanent residency in Canada.
Canada is becoming the most trusted choice for both education and permanent residency by immigrants. But what about the entertainers who have years of experience? Are the eligible for Canada permanent residency?
What form of entertainment is considered for Canada PR?
- Actors and Comedians
For technical and skilled occupation:
- Graphic designers
And the list goes on
The government of Canada provides a NOC list along with an immigration code which enables the aspirant to match artistic talent along with the list of skills mentioned.
For example you are a musician your immigration code as per the list would be 5133 and in case you are a dance the code is 5134.
However in case the candidate was employed in a full time job or has a professional experience they can qualify under express entry class. Here the candidate would require securing points under the grid system to be considered eligible. But for a musician or singer an IAA licensed immigration officer would suggest programs under Federal skilled worker and Provincial Nominee Program.
What is eligibility for Canada PR as an entertainer?
To be eligible under the program for permanent residency, the candidate must provide information regarding the following:
- Experience of minimum of 2 years experience as self employed in the particular cultural activity or participation experience of 2 years at a world class level
- One year experience in both self employment and one year at world class level is also valid.
- Intent and ability to support himself financial and reside in Canada
- Significant contribution in the entertainment sector.
- Spouse and children can also accompany.
In case I am self employed but not an entertainer what options do I have?
In case the aspirant is self employed or has an entrepreneurial inclination to start or invest in a business in Canada he needs to provide the following proofs to be considered for self employed immigration program for permanent residency:
- Valid proof for a minimum of 2 years of work experience and the intended desire to be self employed Canadian permanent resident.
- He would be required to secure a minimum of 35 points on the grid system which validates the eligibility of the candidate based on his education, language proficiency, work experience, age and adaptability.
How much time would it take to apply for permanent residency?
Once the IRCC receives a complete application process with right documentation it takes nearly about 45 days for processing the application. However, in case the documentation has certain glitches the time period could be extended.
How can I seek assistance for my PR application as entertainer?
In case the applicant is unable to file his application it is advised to seek assistance under a IAA licensed immigration consultant who can provide transparency in information and quick results for PR filling application. West Highlander Immigration based in Chandigarh was established in 2005 has been successfully dealing with Canada PR applications. They are a team of professionals who provide you with efficient and transparent services.