Last Updated on October 15, 2020 by West Highlander
Steps for PNP programs for Canada PR
Provincial Nominee Programs or PNP Canada is the desired program for applicants who are willing to apply to a certain province in Canada for permanent residency. One can apply under the provincial nominee program which is paper based application or online under the express entry for Canada PR. Once you have decided to apply for PNP Canada application step by step procedure needs to be followed.
Following are the steps for Provincial Nominee Programs for Canada PR:
Step 1 Eligibility Criteria
- You should check the eligibility criteria for PNP Canada for the particular province you are planning to apply such as age, education, language proficiency, work experience, adaptability, spouse information (if any and planning to migrate).
- Once the eligibility criteria is met check for your occupation under the National Occupation Classification list. Your skill level can be O, A, B, C or D.
- For educational qualification apply for Educational Assessment Criteria (ECA) which would take 35-40 business days.
- Ensure your language proficiency scores (IELTS/CELPIP) are as per the province’s requirement.
Step 2 Calculations of Points
- Calculate your points under the different criteria such as age, education, language proficiency, work experience, adaptability, spouse information (if any and planning to migrate).
Step 3 Submission of Application
- Submit the application for the province which is paper based. In case you wish to apply for express entry then you can create an express entry profile online. You can mark the province you are interested in for Canada PR.
- The provincial government will examine your application on their point system.
Step 4 Receive notification of Interest
- A notification of interest would be provided to you by the province.
Step 5 Apply for nomination
- You will have to apply for nomination and then receive PNP Canada nomination.
- In case it is through express entry then applicant should update the express entry profile showing that you have received PNP nomination.
Step 6 Confirmation by IRCC
- You will receive confirmation by IRCC for nomination to the province
- Once you receive Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Canada PR by IRCC you can upload documents and receive the permanent residency.
To ensure that all the steps are followed correctly without any loop hole it is best to consult a licensed immigration officer. West Highlander established in the year 2005 is competent immigration agents that can ensure that your dreams of Canada PR are achieved without any hassle.