Indian students who wish to study in Canada are required to have a study permit and would require applying for a Canada student visa. The process of applying for and obtaining a Canada student visa may seem easy at once but according to CIC every year Canada student visa refusal rate is 30% of the total student face Canada student visa refusal rate. The reasons for the same are many. Canadian government laid down a tough immigration policy towards student visa laws. The reasons for the high Canadian student refusal rate are fraudulent cases, dubious registered cases, or applications which have few weak links.
Here are some statistics observed to be a strong reason for student visa refusal and can be avoided by the guidance of an Expert Canada student visa consultant:
Reasons for Refusal for Canadian Student Visa Refusal Rate
Indian and international students planning to apply for Canada student visa are required to fulfill the minimum criteria for admission to a Canada college or university. However, it has been observed that a Canada study permit can be refused even if you fulfill all the applicants academic and admission requirement. Some of the most common reasons for Canada student visa refusal rate are provided below:
- You need to provide proof of adequate funds for the first year of the course you are planning to opt for. The financial sufficiency requirement may vary for your SDS or Non-SDS program.
- Lack of financial sufficiency is a common reason for suspicion from immigration officers’ results in Canadian student visa refusal.
- To ensure that you do not face this problem it is best to consult a Canada student visa consultant and provide adequate finances for not a year but more.
- Along with this, you should provide supporting documents of finances in your application to avoid refusal.
Choice of Program
- Another common question that your visa officer may ask is the choice of the program you are planning to opt for.
- If your selected program does not gel well with your previous education or work experience chances are you may face refusal.
- You could avoid this problem by providing a detailed personal statement for the choice of program.
- To ensure all previous education and background are supportive of your current or future selection of Canada study programs you could contact an experienced Canada student visa consultant.
Looking for Admission
Letter of Acceptance
- Your letter of acceptance from a known Canadian DLI is another requirement for a Canada study permit.
- To receive your letter of acceptance in time you would be required to meet the minimum entry requirements from the institute of choice.
- This is a common reason why your visa officer might doubt if you do not meet the minimum requirements.
- You could address this problem for Canada student visa refusal rate 20-21 by consulting your Canada student visa consultant.
- You need to research well your study program and institute requirements and ensure that you provide all the documents as attached proof of meeting the requirements. In case you provide additional documents in support of the application then you can surely avoid the chances of Canada student visa refusal.
English Language Proficiency
- English speaking international students are required to provide proof of sufficient language proficiency.
- Applicants are required to meet the minimum IELTS/PTE/TOEFL bands.
- For an undergraduate student, the minimum IELTS band is 6 whereas for postgraduate course the requirement is 6.5 bands.
- Ensure that you are aware of the SDS or non-SDS program
- In case you fail to meet the requirements you may face a rejection rate for Canada student visa.
Incomplete Travel or Identity Documents
- If you have a lot of empty spaces in travel history without proof of evidence to cover those periods chances are you would face Canada student visa refusal.
- So, you need to ensure that all your identity documents are complete and legible.
- Your previous travel history should be justified with supporting documents and evidence in play.
- Your ID docs should be clear and readable and passport should be valid. Your Canada student visa consultant can assist you in your Canada study visa.
The intent of Return to Home Country
- Your student visa officer would require you to ensure that your intent of return to your home country is present.
- One needs to understand that Canadian study permit is a temporary visa.
- Applicants are required to provide proof of intent to return to your home country.
- However, it does not mean that you cannot extend your study visa or apply for Canada PR.
- Applicants can ensure this concern by consulting a Canada student visa consultant who can provide you assistance.
Lack of Job Prospects in Home Country
- In case you do not hold a job offer in your home country or lack job prospective in your own country this is a red indication of your intent to return home.
- You could provide documents and statement of sufficient employment aspects in your home country post studies in Canada and avoid Canada student visa refusal.
How to avoid Canada student visa refusal rate 20-21?
Here are points you can keep in mind:
- Make a checklist of mandatory documents for a Canada student visa.
- Ensure you fill the Canada study visa form carefully. For this, you could consult a Canada study visa consultant.
- Ensure you upload a copy of the offer letter received from Canada DLI.
- Meet the requirements of your SDS or Non-SDS visa.
- Get a GIC for $10,000.
- If you have work experience you need to provide salary slips or bank statements or any other document proofs.
- Provide complete details of your travel history and any visa rejection to your Canada study visa consultant.
- Have a well-drafted SOP in place.
Why West Highlander?
- West Highlander is experienced and licensed Canadian immigration consultant with 15 years of the highest application success rate in the industry.
- We provide a FREE profile assessment where we understand your Canada study abroad requirements and provide the best solutions for your requirement.
- Our success rate is a result of our licensed and experienced immigration consultant and our friendly and comfortable services to ensure you get the best results in a quick time.